Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friday at War Pig

Go down 
+2
bdix
Wildeyedjester
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime21st July 2010, 11:27 pm

A bunch of us are going to get together Friday night at will's new shop, the war pig, in centerton. We are thinking of playing some giant board game if we can get enough. Twilight imperium maybe.? Something else?

Stop by for his soft open if you can. It's certainly a Horse of a different color. Lots of stock, some great deals on some used gw items (lots still on sprue) and a wall of bits, resin bases and the like. Even some overseas order only bits.

Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 2:00 am

I've been wanting to play twilight imperium for some time....what time are yall thinking?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 9:19 am

about 6pm
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 11:57 am

I just put up a few more pictures of the shop over on the blog. Here is the link if you want to check them out - http://www.thehogsofwar.com/2010/07/hobby-shop-soft-opening.html

Here is a shot of one of the things I am most excited about - The Wall o Bits -
Friday at War Pig Wall_o10

It is basically a bunch of bits that I have bought and collected over the years and haven't used. Some of em are real cheap, others are a bit more expensive (mostly the resin bases and heads from overseas.) I also have a pretty good sized box of bits that people can dig through as well. I haven't finalized the price on it yet, but right now it is looking like fifty cents to a dollar per bit.

Stop by tomorrow evening or Saturday to check it out. The grand opening will be two weeks from this Saturday but this is a good chance to stop by and see what we are about.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 6:27 pm

Where is the shop located?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 9:39 pm

It's in centerton... Just west of bentonville. Exit 86 off 540. Coming from spring dale or Fayetteville, head west (turn left) after you exit 540. Stay on this road for about 6 miles and you come into centerton. Go past harps and auto zone. On your left is a shopping center with Arkansas pc in it. The shop is right next door.

There is also a map directions on his site. Www.warpighobbyshop.com
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 9:44 pm

I can't wait to drop by and see everything in full swing.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 10:34 pm

Cool, I take the centerton way to get home. I will swing by tomorrow after I get out of physics.

Nathan
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 10:52 pm

Awesome. He's opening at around 6. Want in on whatever board game we play? Prolly stay late!
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 10:53 pm

So if he opens at six and you guys play TI...you should probably get a turn in by...midnight?

<3 80 hr games.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 10:57 pm

actually our ti games usually run about 6 hours to tell the truth Smile
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 10:58 pm

Like I said it will depend on number of players, and what everyone wants to play. I will bring my collection of games and leave them there at the shop for anyone who wants to play them I have probably close to 50, in addition to those Big D has.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 11:02 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
Awesome. He's opening at around 6. Want in on whatever board game we play? Prolly stay late!

Yeah, I am down with a late game night.

Nathan
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime22nd July 2010, 11:09 pm

Big D
Myself
Sweet E
Dannato
Monkey
Fethos
for sure.... the makings of a good TI game. Good thing we have the expansion

Bdix gonna make it?
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime23rd July 2010, 2:02 am

Count me in for now...I have to make a trip to Fort Smith in the morning, but its looking like I should be back around 4 or 5.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime23rd July 2010, 10:57 am

Cool. If you and ethos get a chance, check out the rules

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Twilight%20Imperium%203/ti3rules.pdf
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime23rd July 2010, 4:22 pm

just got home, so im in...I'm reading the rules now
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime24th July 2010, 1:55 am

^^^^ sorry for that blatent lie
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime24th July 2010, 9:23 am

Twilight imperium was awesome last night. You guys have any other in-depth board games in that style?
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime24th July 2010, 10:19 am

Not any that are quite that massive - I think that is the biggest board game that any of us own. I'll have to look through all the games and see if we have anything that is in the same realm.

I do have Die Macher - a simulation of the German political process. I have never had anyone brave enough to play it with me. I watched a video on board games with scott where he walked through a sample turn and it took an hour.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime24th July 2010, 10:40 am

Yeah, it was a massive game. It was a little overwhelming at first, but I really enjoyed it after I learned the turn sequence. I would try-out Die Macher, because that was my favorite part of Twilight imperium...voting on the political actions.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime24th July 2010, 11:18 am

I've heard the Starcraft boardgame is like Twilight Imperium light. It's another one of the big box games i'd love to give a shot.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime24th July 2010, 1:16 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
I've heard the Starcraft boardgame is like Twilight Imperium light. It's another one of the big box games i'd love to give a shot.

Sc was mediocre at best when I played it. Honestly wasn't impressed.

I have civilization too. That takes about 10 hours to ti's 6.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime24th July 2010, 2:05 pm

SC is really bland...only played it once as a demo game at a con though
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime24th July 2010, 2:16 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
capnwoodrow wrote:

Sc was mediocre at best when I played it. Honestly wasn't impressed.

I have civilization too. That takes about 10 hours to ti's 6.

Hm. On the one hand that saddens me, because it looks really fun and I like the IP. On the other hand, that's $80 I don't have to spend on a game Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Friday at War Pig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday at War Pig   Friday at War Pig Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday at War Pig
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next