Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Highlighting yellow

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

Highlighting yellow Empty
PostSubject: Highlighting yellow   Highlighting yellow Icon_minitime20th April 2010, 8:34 pm

So I've been working on my Assault marines, and since they're Angels Sanguine I've painted their helms Yellow/Black... Anyway the black half has grey highlights and looks good, but the yellow half has dark recesses, from a light wash, but there are no good highlights so there aren't many details showing. What color should I use to highlight the yellow? I was thinking Bleached Bone.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Highlighting yellow   Highlighting yellow Icon_minitime21st April 2010, 11:05 am

Bleached Bone and Skull White are usually what you hear people using to highlight yellow with.
Back to top Go down
deletethisuser
Blind Ratling Sniper
deletethisuser

PostSubject: Re: Highlighting yellow   Highlighting yellow Icon_minitime5th June 2010, 11:01 pm

big_d wrote:
Bleached Bone and Skull White are usually what you hear people using to highlight yellow with.

Been painting quite a bit of yellow and I use sunburst yellow. You can mix in bleached bone or white in sunburst to brighten it further if you want brigther highlights. Straight Bleach Bone works as well I've noticed, depending on what yellow you started out with.
Back to top Go down
http://flekkzo.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highlighting yellow   Highlighting yellow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Highlighting yellow
Page 1 of 1