Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Horus Heresy Boardgame

Go down 
+4
PhantomPhoenix
Bigjewmike
RetroPengo
Verminlord
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Horus Heresy Boardgame Empty
PostSubject: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime14th March 2010, 3:52 am

Been playing Dawn of War 2:Chaos Rising and in the instruction booklet there is an add for a Horus Heresy Boardgame.

"Horus Heresy is packed with over 120 detailed playing pieces, three dimesional terrain, and hundreds of components that will bring this saga to life on your table."

It only a 2 player game, play as either the Holy Emporer of Mankind or the traitorous Warmaster Horus. Made by Fantasy Flight.

Haven't been to the sight to check it out yet, just thought some you might want to know about it.
Back to top Go down
RetroPengo
Chaplain and a book full of sermons
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime14th March 2010, 4:00 am

So does the Emperor lose automatically because he's in a coma or dead?
Back to top Go down
Bigjewmike
Space Marine Scout lost in the woods
Bigjewmike

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime14th March 2010, 4:09 am

RetroPengo wrote:
So does the Emperor lose automatically because he's in a coma or dead?

We wins because he's still alive (even if it's on life support) can't say the same about poor Horus.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime14th March 2010, 4:11 am

If I recall correctly, Horus killed Sanguinius first... So an injured and worn out Horus puts up just as much fight as the God-Emperor of Mankind? All powerful my foot Razz. That said, I saw an ad for this game in one of the magazines up at CHG about a month ago and I'm immensely interested. I'm a huge Heresy buff, well... I'm becoming one may be more correct, but being able to play that out would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
RetroPengo
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime14th March 2010, 4:24 am

I concur that it would be amusing Razz
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime14th March 2010, 2:16 pm

He bitchslap sanguinius but while fighting the emperor he saw the error in what he did and was struck down but not without mortally wounding the emporer and making him have to be put on the gold toilet.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime14th March 2010, 4:43 pm

I have four copies on the way; one will go to the store as a Store Copy, the other three will be put up for sale.

If there are any here that want one let me know and I can get extra copies.

Please, only serious requests. I still have loads of the Conan board game that more than ten people said (not on this forum) they definitely wanted.

And it's an excellent game; imho.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime14th March 2010, 4:58 pm

I would like to get a copy of Conan. I had a lot of fun the time I played it up there, but don't want to spend that much money on a game that will just collect dust.

If one of friends moves back this summer, hopefully they will get played.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime14th March 2010, 6:57 pm

Conan is an excellent game. My only gripe with it is that it takes as long to teach as it does to play (and it isn't that short a game). If we ever do it again for board game night I'll insist that everyone read the rules ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime14th March 2010, 10:30 pm

Fulminata wrote:
Conan is an excellent game. My only gripe with it is that it takes as long to teach as it does to play (and it isn't that short a game). If we ever do it again for board game night I'll insist that everyone read the rules ahead of time.

You ought to know by now that every Fantasty Flight game is like this. Fumble through learning the rules a few times. I prefer this to making the games to easy. Although I thoroughly enjoy Munckin and it's easy as hell to learn to play.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime15th March 2010, 1:04 am

It isn't really the complexity of the rules, it's that if you don't understand all of them from the beginning it's very easy to screw yourself over early in the game. With most other complex games it's usually possible to go over all the rules briefly before beginning and then introduce the details as they come up in the game, but with Conan that isn't enough. Players need to understand the details from the beginning or they will constantly be making bad decisions. Another possible way to do the game would be to have someone doing a pure demo and not actually playing. The problem with that solution is that I don't usually want to just demo a game, I want to play it too :-P
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime15th March 2010, 1:23 pm

Arkham Horror isn't all that complex as far as actual game play. The complexity comes in when you make decisions whether to fight certain monsters or which location to go to to get Clue tokens or which gate to close first and whether or not you should use the Elder Sign that is burning a hole in your pocket (literally)
Back to top Go down
darc_oso
Servitor with a short circuit
darc_oso

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime15th March 2010, 1:38 pm

gamewizard wrote:
Arkham Horror isn't all that complex as far as actual game play. The complexity comes in when you make decisions whether to fight certain monsters or which location to go to to get Clue tokens or which gate to close first and whether or not you should use the Elder Sign that is burning a hole in your pocket (literally)

I agree and will add just that Arkham Horror's complexity only starts once the monsters start surging and the horror track starts climbing...pretty soon you can't get magic spells or magic items...and then Cthulhu comes out and you're screwed anyway. However, there is that sweet geek at Miskatonic with his little device that could potentially close all the gates. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://darcoso.blogspot.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime15th March 2010, 2:35 pm

Agreed; I wasn't able to finish my post; I had a customer come in that demanded my full attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Boardgame   Horus Heresy Boardgame Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horus Heresy Boardgame
Page 1 of 1