Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Marine Video Game

Go down 
+2
RetroPengo
darc_oso
6 posters
AuthorMessage
darc_oso
Servitor with a short circuit
darc_oso

Space Marine Video Game Empty
PostSubject: Space Marine Video Game   Space Marine Video Game Icon_minitime13th March 2010, 3:30 pm

Anyone seen this yet?

http://www.spacemarine.com/#/en/trailers/

The trailer for the game looks pretty great!
Back to top Go down
http://darcoso.blogspot.com
RetroPengo
Chaplain and a book full of sermons
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Video Game   Space Marine Video Game Icon_minitime13th March 2010, 3:43 pm

Looks awesome and all, but I'm REALLY REALLY sick of being forced to play SM. Why can't they make a great campaign out of orks. Or tyranids. Or Eldar for god's sake.

Hell, an IG based game would rock too. /sigh
Back to top Go down
darc_oso
Servitor with a short circuit
darc_oso

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Video Game   Space Marine Video Game Icon_minitime13th March 2010, 3:48 pm

RetroPengo wrote:
Looks awesome and all, but I'm REALLY REALLY sick of being forced to play SM. Why can't they make a great campaign out of orks. Or tyranids. Or Eldar for god's sake.

Hell, an IG based game would rock too. /sigh

That might be an option with XBox Live play, but I also think that if this goes well, they might bring out more games featuring Tyranids. Or Eldar, although I'd like to see one featuring the Tau.
Back to top Go down
http://darcoso.blogspot.com
RetroPengo
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Video Game   Space Marine Video Game Icon_minitime13th March 2010, 3:50 pm

Tau would be cool, but I'm not talking stupid multiplayer. I want to see a FULL CAMPAIGN featuring someone other than the GD SM.

SM SM everywhere and nothing new to keep my interest.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Video Game   Space Marine Video Game Icon_minitime13th March 2010, 4:43 pm

A FPS that you play Tau:
Firewarrior
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Warrior

Dawn of War: Winter Assault had the ig as the focus of the story
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000:_Dawn_of_War:_Winter_Assault

sure their not as cool as all the SM focused games that have come out but their there.

hate to say it but since the SM are the Face of Warhammer 40k, they'll always get first picked for a video game.
Back to top Go down
RetroPengo
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Video Game   Space Marine Video Game Icon_minitime14th March 2010, 3:52 am

Oh, I know they will. stupid poster-child syndrome. lol

I'm just tired of them is all. I don't hate them like i do on the tabletop, it's just boring.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Video Game   Space Marine Video Game Icon_minitime14th March 2010, 3:58 am

I have the first set of Dawn of War games. You can play as every race except for Tyranids. I have a lot of fun these games. Recently started a new campaign as the Necrons.
Back to top Go down
RetroPengo
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Video Game   Space Marine Video Game Icon_minitime14th March 2010, 4:00 am

That's not a campaign though. no story-line. just here, have some objectives.

I want a game that delves into story with another race. Yes, I forgot that Winter Assault did, but still.

I'm not saying that the other games aren't great, just that I want a "story" that doesn't involve the imperium of man. Stupid Emperor, get outta my gamez. Wink
Back to top Go down
DEATHWATCH CONUNDRUM
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur
DEATHWATCH CONUNDRUM

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Video Game   Space Marine Video Game Icon_minitime28th April 2010, 12:06 am

That trailer looked sweet. I wonder if it'll be an FPS?

They were supposed to release a Warhammer 40K MMORPG, but I guess that got shelved.
Back to top Go down
http://thedowisup40k.blogspot.com
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Video Game   Space Marine Video Game Icon_minitime28th April 2010, 12:48 am

DEATHWATCH CONUNDRUM wrote:
That trailer looked sweet. I wonder if it'll be an FPS?

They were supposed to release a Warhammer 40K MMORPG, but I guess that got shelved.

As far as I know, it is in development. Don't remember which company is doing it though. It might be THQ.
Back to top Go down
DEATHWATCH CONUNDRUM
DEATHWATCH CONUNDRUM

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Video Game   Space Marine Video Game Icon_minitime28th April 2010, 7:26 am

That could give Retro Pengo and all of us for that matter exactly what we're looking for.

I love the DOW games both I and II along with the expansions, but does a Space Marine always have to turn to Chaos. That gets a little old. And being able to to play as another race for a while might prompt people to buy different armies.

You could say the same thing about the book series. With the exception of a couple of Chaos Marine books there isn't anything I've seen that's Pro Xenos of any kind. A little odd. I expect a Tyranid book would be tough to write, but a Tau, Eldar or Necron series should be easy enough I would think.
Back to top Go down
http://thedowisup40k.blogspot.com
Dahtay
Squig with flatulence
Dahtay

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Video Game   Space Marine Video Game Icon_minitime28th April 2010, 8:36 am

Wow, can't believe I have never seen this before. Nice find. It looks a bit like a 40k version of Darksiders, which was great.
Back to top Go down
RetroPengo
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Video Game   Space Marine Video Game Icon_minitime28th April 2010, 9:41 am

What's really interesting, when you think of it, is that humanity are xenos too. Old ones and necrons were first and they gave rise to the eldar and orcs (the old ones did).

I think what what I hate most about the space marines (and IG) is their sheer arrogance. They are also xenos.

Now then. I don't LITERALLY hate them. I like the idea of some of the non vanilla armies like the sisters of battle, but fluff wise they are a blight on the universe. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Video Game   Space Marine Video Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Space Marine Video Game
Page 1 of 1