Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the new guy.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Turducken
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis
Turducken

the new guy. Empty
PostSubject: the new guy.   the new guy. Icon_minitime27th June 2009, 11:46 pm

My name is Jake, and I'm the new guy on the scene. I have an account over at sooiehammer, by the name of Jake.

As for armies I play, I want to start an IG army, but unfortunately, money has been extremely tight recently, so I haven't gotten around to it yet. But I have plans, very, very big plans. Twisted Evil

I just hope to learn something from this community, and play some games..

Jake jocolor
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

the new guy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new guy.   the new guy. Icon_minitime27th June 2009, 11:54 pm

Hey Jake,

The IG army has to be the slowest growing of all the armies, but man do I love to play my IG. Just try to build in segments with a couple of troops and then add in a heavy and fast. Play some games, rinse, repeat. My IG were on the shelf until the new codex came out and I have updated them now from about 2000 points to 3000 points. Let me know if I can offer up any advice!

Great to have you on the forums! If you can't get anything to happen with the bitz day at sooiehammer, maybe we can make it happen here! I still think its an awesome idea! Everyone loves bitz!

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Turducken
Turducken

the new guy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new guy.   the new guy. Icon_minitime28th June 2009, 3:07 pm

Hey, thanks man. I'm just glad there's finally a forum to discuss this kind of thing. As for my guard army, I figure I'm going to start out small with a command squad, and a couple infantry squads. SinceI'm a little short on funds, I figure I would work on it slow-like, gradually building it up, squad by squad, and(hopefully) lavishing detail on them with bitz and paint.

I hope to play you guys as soon as my army gets up and running. Thanks for the advice. Makes a new guy feel welcome, y'know?
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

the new guy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new guy.   the new guy. Icon_minitime28th June 2009, 8:11 pm

Another IG player here, if you can call two games over about five years "playing" IG Razz

The thing I really like about the new codex is that unlike the last couple of books, there are perfectly legal lists that don't require a lot of models to field. Just use Veterans or Penal Legionnaires as your troops, and a Lord Commisar, Yarrick, or a Primaris Psyker as your HQ. Sure, there are probably more effective options, but they let you get a force on the table faster while you work on building up the rest of your army.

That's the route I'm taking right now.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
uponthisfire
Servitor with a short circuit

the new guy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new guy.   the new guy. Icon_minitime6th August 2009, 3:07 pm

And do not forget to take advantage of conversions. I love the IG minis, but since most armies are so huge, a lot of IG players do not take advantage of how flexible the minis are to converting. With Penal Legion and Veterans as troop choices, you can get the most bang for your buck by going squad by squad and converting and painting each one to the best of your ability.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the new guy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new guy.   the new guy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the new guy.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Top :: Introductions-
Jump to: