Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eldar for a slow-gro league.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Eldar for a slow-gro league.  Empty
PostSubject: Eldar for a slow-gro league.    Eldar for a slow-gro league.  Icon_minitime16th September 2013, 7:50 pm

So i'm torn on being smart (not really my style) and using DoC that I have remnants of for a 40k slow-gro league or using this as an excuse to finally start an Eldar force. Now as a primer, I've basically not played 40k since we had the 6th Edition launch tournament...so i'm kind of coming in blind.

Thoughts on this as a 750?

Farseer
-Runes of Witnessing
-Spear

Guardian squad
-Heavy Shuriken cannon

Rangers

Wraithknight

Wraithknight

I forsee any horde army being a bit of trouble. Not 100% too sure on where to start. I could go w/ an Autarch over the Farseer, but I'm not 100% where the points would go back in unless I added a starcannon to one Knight or spent it in wargear.

Thoughts? Be brutal. I'm basically fresh-starting 40k again.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Eldar for a slow-gro league.    Eldar for a slow-gro league.  Icon_minitime16th September 2013, 7:54 pm

I could drop to an Autarch and lose the heavy weapon in an attempt to get a scatter laser on both knights...

HMMM
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Eldar for a slow-gro league.    Eldar for a slow-gro league.  Icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 10:33 pm

IDK 2 knights might be much for the low points. not sure where else to spend the points on however.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Eldar for a slow-gro league.    Eldar for a slow-gro league.  Icon_minitime24th September 2013, 10:26 pm

I'm with Haren on this one. Two knights seems like a lot in a 750 game to me. What kind of scenarios will the slow-gro league be based around? Are allies going to be allowed?

Two main keys to 6th in my opinion. You want as much reliable shooting as possible and a highly mobile force. As long as you accomplish those two items in a list, you'll usually have a chance.

I don't recall all the eldar point values off the top on my head, but I think dropping a knight for a serpent would be a quality move. The farseer is excellent, but he is a force multiplier, so you have to know how you are going to use him to accomplish that. I would assume casting on the WK in this case, but its really up to how you want the list to interact. I'd get some Warp Spiders up in there ASAP. Those guys are game changers. Highly mobile with effective shooting........ just what the doctor ordered.

I usually like to think about what I would wind up against, and for the future, I would keep in might that people are going to be running flying mc daemons (Nurgle DP with ID weapons) and CSM (daemon weapons) like there's no tomorrow. It's one of the few good assault builds and can ruin a WK's day. Just something to ponder on as you think about where to take your list forward from 750 pts.

I'll give it some more thought and throw some more slop up on here.

Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Eldar for a slow-gro league.    Eldar for a slow-gro league.  Icon_minitime28th September 2013, 9:21 pm

That list was a first thoughts pass through, i've updated my 750 since to this. Let me know if it's hotter/colder to a good 750.

Spiritseer

10 Guardians
-Wave serpent, Scatter laser, holo-fields

6 Rangers

7 Warp spiders

Wraithknight.

I'm flexible on the Wraithknight, just like the model.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Eldar for a slow-gro league.    Eldar for a slow-gro league.  Icon_minitime28th September 2013, 9:28 pm

Looks like a solid list to my untrained eyes. Only ? i have is the spiders, but thats because of the old book. I could throw my crons or angels next week and we can see how the list fairs. I'd offer the daemons but I'm still not sure what i'd take with them at that point lvl. That and since i've been focusing on khorne I doubt that your list would find it a challenge Smile
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Eldar for a slow-gro league.    Eldar for a slow-gro league.  Icon_minitime28th September 2013, 9:30 pm

Spiders seems to be decent now with more mobility. +if you're init 3 or lower their gun becomes str7 and 6s to wound are AP2.

If we play in the next week or two, it'll have to be my demons. I'm still waiting on the rest of my eldar to come in.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Eldar for a slow-gro league.    Eldar for a slow-gro league.  Icon_minitime29th September 2013, 2:48 pm

I dig that list. I'm not a huge fan of rangers, but they certainly serve a purpose. Spiders are mean; you'll be pleased with them. What are your plans on how to use the spiritseer? I'm just curious. I really liked them when the dex first came out, but haven't seen many people using them. I think they can provide an awful lot of synergy for the point cost. They don't fit as well in a bike list, but I can definitely see how they could be used in a serpent swarm list.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Eldar for a slow-gro league.    Eldar for a slow-gro league.  Icon_minitime29th September 2013, 6:08 pm

Rangers are there as a points filler. I can't get another guardian squad in there, so I figure sit back in some ruins and just pester. I agree they aren't the best choice - mostly because they can't take a wave serpent.

I thought the spirit seer would work ok w/ the Guardians in the Serpent. Spirit mark doesn't require LOS, so I can fly around and tag things for the Knight.

Basically I couldn't justify an Autarch so he makes up the cheapest HQ options.

Would you think double fire prism would be stronger at 750 over a Wraithknight?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar for a slow-gro league.    Eldar for a slow-gro league.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar for a slow-gro league.
Page 1 of 1