Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mordheim Norsemen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

Mordheim Norsemen Empty
PostSubject: Mordheim Norsemen   Mordheim Norsemen Icon_minitime20th March 2013, 8:48 pm

Here's a trip in the way-back machine...

Long ago there was a mordheim league in which the norsemen sat atop all other warbands. With a greatweapon weilding ASF berserker, and a rediculously fast wulven, who would stand a chance? then a horde of skaven showed up and kicked their teef in.

after 2-3 years of sitting unloved, I decided to paint up the leader of my warband, mostly because I needed a model to test out snow basing.

without further ado, Jarl Wolfgang Von Badass

[img]Mordheim Norsemen Img_1510[/img]

I think the snow came out pretty nice, we'll just have to see if it holds up... I used a mix I found online

2.5:2:.5:.5
Glue:Baking soda:Water:White Paint

and then sprinkled some more baking soda atop for a little more texture
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Mordheim Norsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Norsemen   Mordheim Norsemen Icon_minitime20th March 2013, 10:00 pm

I like it!

Something I've found that works nice for snow, if you want to get a nice "wet snow" look, mix the baking soda with water effects. I use the Woodland Scenics variety for it, if you mix it like that it makes a nice clumply look for making snow banks. Or you can brush on the water effects and then sprinkle the baking soda/dip it like you would sanding/flocking a base. That's how I do the snow on all of mine.

Another thing I've learned when using baking soda for snow, if you're wanting to do it on a display board/terrain, like hills and such. Use a baking sifter (you can get them for a couple of bucks from Wal Mart) and some spray glue, just hit the surface with the spray glue evenly then use the sifter along the highest area, some will fall naturally into crevises, and give you a natural dusted look.

Finally, when you're done I highly recommend going over the baking soda with some clear coat to keep it from rubbing off and yellowing.
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Mordheim Norsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Norsemen   Mordheim Norsemen Icon_minitime21st March 2013, 6:20 pm

YES! Those were the days. Playing game after game on my makeshift board. We need to get a game in again. I'll whip out my war gang!
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Mordheim Norsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Norsemen   Mordheim Norsemen Icon_minitime21st March 2013, 10:28 pm

I never played a single game of Mordheim, though Necromunda that's another story. THAT was my first foray into tabletop wargaming. I may cruise eBay and see if I can pick up a copy, this would be fun to have around when I have friends over or something.
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
sirhelnor
sirhelnor

Mordheim Norsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Norsemen   Mordheim Norsemen Icon_minitime21st March 2013, 11:01 pm

khaas - thanks for the tips, I'll definitely have to pick up some clearcoat to finish these off. the rules are free on the GW website, as are most of the warbands. There's also a dedicated mordheim website called mordheimer.com or something along those lines. If you do get into it, you should look at converting up a carnival of chaos, that'd be right up your alley. Mordheim is pretty great, usually you've only got 5-10 models per side, so it's easy to manage, and games are quick too. 20-30 minutes tops.

blake, we totally should, we'll see if I can kill that minotaur thing of yours for good next time
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
sirhelnor

Mordheim Norsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Norsemen   Mordheim Norsemen Icon_minitime22nd March 2013, 11:23 pm

Finished the warband, in record time for myself I might add... not pictured are the plethora of wolves that are another asset to the mordheim norsemen, I plan to use my hounds of khorne until I can find some really cheap and easy wolf models/toys that are to scale.

[img]Mordheim Norsemen Img_1511[/img]
Heroes: Wolf Prince of Ulric, Wulfen, Generic Sword and Board Hero

[img]Mordheim Norsemen Img_1512[/img]
Heroes: 2x Axe and sword Berserkers, Generic Greatweapon Hero

[img]Mordheim Norsemen Img_1513[/img]
2x Greatweapon Marauders, 2x Axe and Dagger Marauders

[img]Mordheim Norsemen Img_1514[/img]
5x Axe and Shield Marauders

[img]Mordheim Norsemen Img_1515[/img]
The whole gang
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content