Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Gaming Store is Coming!

Go down 
+3
bdix
Sweet E
ultramarinebabe
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
arizonajirt
Snotling stuffed in a coffee can

New Gaming Store is Coming! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gaming Store is Coming!   New Gaming Store is Coming! - Page 2 Icon_minitime11th August 2013, 1:54 am

Hey dude, I don't know what you are talking about for not finding the events and such. And I sure don't know what you mean about s $25 build terrain thing (since I have tons of terrain). I think you may have gone to the wrong page.
our website (under construction) is www.leatherneckwargaming.com
FB group page is https://www.facebook.com/groups/leatherneckwargaming/
our FB main page is https://www.facebook.com/LWGinc
and our blog is www.leatherneckwargaming.blogspot.com

all of our current events are based on Warhammer and 40k, we are expanding into the others like warmachines/hordes, drop zone commander, Yu-gi-oh, magic, D&D, heroclix, and warpath to just name a few. we have area to host card games and such as well.

If you have ideas for us, please let us know, we are new and always looking for ideas to expand into.
Back to top Go down
ultramarinebabe
Necron Scarab with rusty hinges

PostSubject: Re: New Gaming Store is Coming!   New Gaming Store is Coming! - Page 2 Icon_minitime11th August 2013, 1:59 am

Our updated website is http://www.leatherneckwargaming.com (you went to the blogspot site that I had in my profile-now updated). Click "events" and scroll through the events. Once the new TMG set comes out and the new D&D comes out, we will be having game days for those. We will also have Pathfinder, as well as HeroClix for the younger age range. We may also do WarMachine too. We are available for hosting any tournaments, for any RPG or Tabletop game.
Back to top Go down
http://leatherneckwargaming.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: New Gaming Store is Coming!   New Gaming Store is Coming! - Page 2 Icon_minitime11th August 2013, 2:15 am

ultramarinebabe wrote:
Also, in October, we will be having a workshop for 10 people per table at $25 each person to come in over a 3-day weekend to take part in building some of our game tables that will be used in our various sponsored tournaments.
Eh, read terrain when it said table. Regardless, found your page now, looked at events, mostly all 40k. Eric/ Will/ Andy - here's some local-ish events! Looks to be 2nd weekend of every month, first weekend of next month.

In any case, not trying to just be confrontational or anything, but also don't want you to think that everyone from Fayetteville is going to be driving over every weekend to game. I do wish you the best, and I'm sure I'd show up for Warmahordes events.
Back to top Go down
DreadArchon
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink

PostSubject: Re: New Gaming Store is Coming!   New Gaming Store is Coming! - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th August 2013, 5:55 pm

Come on guys we always welcome new game stores.

I drove there from fort smith, did not take that long, and had a great time. Kris is a great guy and the warhammer and warmachine product is all discounted. In the case of warmachine that is a substantial discount on par with the best online retailer (its like 27.5%!). They carry other games and I am excited to start Dropzone commander with the group there. It is an easier drive than say Little Rock or Texas and it really is a nice building.

How many of us have driven HOURS for tournaments? Now there is a place that wants to run events within and hour? That's a problem but Texas is not?

You guys need to check this place out, it is worth it. Sure a regular weekly trip is probably unreasonable but would once a month be a big deal? We are talking MONTHLY warmachine and warhammer events.
Back to top Go down
arizonajirt
Snotling stuffed in a coffee can

PostSubject: Re: New Gaming Store is Coming!   New Gaming Store is Coming! - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th August 2013, 11:04 pm

DreadArchon wrote:
Come on guys we always welcome new game stores.

I drove there from fort smith, did not take that long, and had a great time. Kris is a great guy and the warhammer and warmachine product is all discounted. In the case of warmachine that is a substantial discount on par with the best online retailer (its like 27.5%!). They carry other games and I am excited to start Dropzone commander with the group there.  It is an easier drive than say Little Rock or Texas and it really is a nice building.

How many of us have driven HOURS for tournaments? Now there is a place that wants to run events within and hour? That's a problem but Texas is not?

You guys need to check this place out, it is worth it. Sure a regular weekly trip is probably unreasonable but would once a month be a big deal? We are talking MONTHLY warmachine and warhammer events.
Thank you for your praise DreadArchon, and thank you for teaching me how to play warmachine. it was a blast.

and for all of the Warmachine/hordes players ( and those who want to learn)
on August 24th at 10 am til finished, We will be visited by the local press ganger Eric "Gonzo" Gunsolus. he will put on some demo games for war machines and hordes as well as help out with any questions ad information wanted about privateer press products. In conjunction with this, we will have open gaming and hobby area. So bring out your War Machine and Hordes armies and come on out!

we are also going to be starting a slow growth Journeyman League for warmachine. we will finish working out the details tomorrow. what we are going to do with it is extend it from 6 weeks to 12 weeks and do the league every other week, and warmachine night of the other weeks. it will be worth the trip. and for those who are part of this league, we will give you a discount ranging between 27-28% off retail depending on the way tax falls. all of our prices include tax.

Oh and BTW, DreadArchon, your order was placed on Saturday. should be here by Friday (if the birds are in alignment)
Back to top Go down
DreadArchon
DreadArchon

PostSubject: Re: New Gaming Store is Coming!   New Gaming Store is Coming! - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2013, 5:41 pm

Apparently some things were said that did not appear to be true.

However it is in the past and cannot be undone. A new game store is a good thing for all and this bit of friction does not help anyone. I say we all just put it behind us and move on. Tournaments and events are great and I think we should show Leatherneck Wargames what the hogs of war can do!
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: New Gaming Store is Coming!   New Gaming Store is Coming! - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th August 2013, 11:51 pm

In catching up with all the posts of late, I ran across this one. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. As bsimon mentioned, there aren't that many folks playing 40k these days in Northwest Arkansas. As with many things, this comes and goes though.

There's several of us that typically take a fall hiatus from war gaming. After attending summer tournaments, a break is usually needed. That combined with school, football season, etc. just doesn't leave a whole bunch of time.

The one other issue is that several of us have moved as Bdix mentioned. I moved to Austin this week, so that will definitely rule out quick trips to Clarksville for me. I definitely encourage you to keep posting events on here, people will make their way down to check it out, and I wish your store the best of luck. I'm sorry I won't be around to come check it out.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: New Gaming Store is Coming!   New Gaming Store is Coming! - Page 2 Icon_minitime25th August 2013, 2:41 pm

The guys who play with me in Little Rock don't use this website.  I am an anomaly because I used to be up in NWA.  A new store opened in Conway about 6 months ago, and that is where most of the Little Rock guys have been playing.  They would drive to Clarksville for a GT tournament.

That being said, that is the only way you will draw a large crowd.  That also means a lot of work on your part.  GT size tournaments are something that require months of planning.  That is why we all drive 6 hours to go to Houston for the weekend.  It isn't a random tournament, it is an established event with 50+ players.

That also being said, you would get a few from Little Rock with a small fantasy tournament.  The 40k crowd is come and go here, and much less likely to do anything that far away. The Russellville crowd rarely comes out to play. I used to live there and they are pretty inactive.

One last note.  You should definately coordinate with Mizewell Games in Conway on events.  I know the stores in Little Rock always cross schedules and it makes for really bad events.  If you did a tournament on a month where Mizewell didn't, you would get a much better turn out.  

I'm excited, and can't wait to see what you guys put on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Gaming Store is Coming!   New Gaming Store is Coming! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Gaming Store is Coming!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2