Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is this the right size?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Is this the right size? Empty
PostSubject: Is this the right size?   Is this the right size? Icon_minitime28th January 2013, 10:01 pm

After Shiloh, I have been playing around with swedish comp. I made a pretty cool high elf star dragon list with a ton of white lions. Then i found this.

http://banelegions.maelstromgames.co.uk/?tag=bnb-018

I want to run it as a star dragon in a white lion themed army. Is it the right size?
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right size?   Is this the right size? Icon_minitime28th January 2013, 10:52 pm

He is 98 mm on a 100 mm base, so that works. The dragon is 5 inches from base to highest point, where the maru is 2.5 inches. But the dragon has half of that height from being elevated by the rock. I think it is the perfect size match actually.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right size?   Is this the right size? Icon_minitime29th January 2013, 10:41 am

I'm a big fan of that sculpt honestly, I actually was considering it for a Sabretusk before I realized how big it was. I say go for it, should look nice.

btw, how did you end up finishing this weekend?
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right size?   Is this the right size? Icon_minitime29th January 2013, 11:07 am

I ended up going 2-3. Game 2 I played dark elves for the first time, so it was really just a learning experience. Game 3 my entire army fled off the board on rerollable 9's from the center of the board. It went something like this:

Mournfang break on rerollable 8's, cause my maneaters to flee on rerollable 9's, they flee 12 inches and cause my ironblaster to flee, once again 11 inches, my bull's lose combat and it just so happens that 12 and 11 inch flee put them right in line of the over run. I lost my entire army in one stroke of bad luck!

It was a blast though, and it was great to get a game in with you.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right size?   Is this the right size? Icon_minitime30th January 2013, 5:47 pm

I dig that lion sculpt. Who cares about the size if you like it. I say go for it, though dragons do suck in my experience. They are like a cannon pin cushion. Lovely models to run though.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right size?   Is this the right size? Icon_minitime30th January 2013, 7:02 pm

I'd run it in my Swedish comp list. I built several lists with empire and ogres and found it hard to fit 2 cannons and full out a solid list. Thus, dragon rampage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right size?   Is this the right size? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this the right size?
Page 1 of 1