Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chirp, Chirp

Go down 
+3
bdix
Khaas
ares
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

Chirp, Chirp Empty
PostSubject: Chirp, Chirp   Chirp, Chirp Icon_minitime4th October 2012, 11:10 am

Man it certainly has been quite around here the last several weeks. I know that I haven't exactly set the world on fire with my posts, but if it wasn't for Khass there would be absolutely no conversation going on. Just a couple of random things....Shiloh Slaughter info and web page will be launched the first of next week...We ended our 40K Slo-Gro league just a while back with the Tyranids taking the end of the league tournament. Had a total of 16 different players who played during the league, some more than others, but the fewest games in by a player was 3 and the most was by Jeremy Hendrix who had in just shy of 25 league games and I know he got in a few that didn't count towards league. Our Warmahordes Journyman league is in full swing and Thursdays and Saturdays have been bustling at the shop. We are even considering an extra night or two to stay open late. Even had Troy Conlon in the shop the other day for only the second time since the new shop opened. It was amazing to see one of the old players stick their head trough the door. Well, that's enough for now. Speak up and let us know what is going on in your next of the woods. Almost forgot, took 4 to Rock Wars, had a great time.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Chirp, Chirp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chirp, Chirp   Chirp, Chirp Icon_minitime4th October 2012, 12:07 pm

I've actually curbed my posting a bit, I started feeling like I was talking to myself. Which is a great way to ensure intelligent conversation, don't get me wrong. But ultimately, it's not very fulfilling.

As for the rest:
It's cool to see something other than GK making some noise in 40k. I swear everywhere I've looked it's been 8 GK players in the top 10. So grats to the Nids. Also, I noticed the Rock Wars results the other night, grats man! Didn't a Wood Elf army win? How the hell does that happen? Must be the comp score...
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Chirp, Chirp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chirp, Chirp   Chirp, Chirp Icon_minitime5th October 2012, 9:11 am

Ask Brian about the wood elf player............................

Also, I will be up this weekend and plan on stopping by. I need to curb stomp you in a game after not getting the chance at Rock Wars!
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

Chirp, Chirp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chirp, Chirp   Chirp, Chirp Icon_minitime5th October 2012, 3:49 pm

Yeah Ares, spill the beans about the wood elf play and his list. I almost crapped my pants when I heard that wood elves took the tournament. I want to know how....HOW!
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

Chirp, Chirp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chirp, Chirp   Chirp, Chirp Icon_minitime8th October 2012, 11:09 am

I try not to make excuses, guy was a great player and had a pretty generic list. The extra comp helped some I am sure as did some of the scenarios, but in the end he did well. He also beat a nasty choas army in round 4 and the Hakala Lizardmen(2 giant blocks of stubborn troops) army in round 5.
If you would like to see the list or hear about our game, stop by the store. I have his list.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Bane

Chirp, Chirp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chirp, Chirp   Chirp, Chirp Icon_minitime10th October 2012, 11:08 am

Blake, you were up last weekend? I wish I had read that earlier. Sad I missed ya.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Chirp, Chirp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chirp, Chirp   Chirp, Chirp Icon_minitime10th October 2012, 11:07 pm

Yep, I really only got to game on Monday though. Got a good game in with Dan. Next time we should get a game in.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Bane

Chirp, Chirp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chirp, Chirp   Chirp, Chirp Icon_minitime11th October 2012, 4:28 pm

Def. My deadheads would be game.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Chirp, Chirp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chirp, Chirp   Chirp, Chirp Icon_minitime18th October 2012, 12:51 pm

Fall is generally a slow time for quite a lot of us, as we rebound from the end of the prior tournament season. There are also a lot of work requirements that pop up for more than a few of us, which really cuts down on available gaming time as the new school year gets going.

I really think a large number of us are just suffering from an intense burnout. This is the worst it has been for me in about 8 years. I'm not done with 40k, but I am taking a break. How long will it last? I don't know. I do have a very slight tickle starting to form, but the itch isn't back yet.

Finally, for me, my burnout just hasn't given me any 'juice' to tackle the new 40k ruleset, and I just haven't been able to bring myself to get games in. I loved 5th edition, and most of you know my thoughts on 6th. Again, I will play and adjust soon enough.

That being said, I also haven't played much in the way of Warmachine either!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

Chirp, Chirp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chirp, Chirp   Chirp, Chirp Icon_minitime18th October 2012, 2:11 pm

I understand where you are coming from Jester, was just making mention of it because we have seen a wonderful influx of players and gaming in general. I have also been speaking to many of my fellow store owners that I am friends with around the country and around the globe. I just want to make sure that our guys still have a place to go and chat about life, women, little plastic men and anything else that trips their fancy. I watched as two different boards that I loved to post on dwindle and die because no one worked at keeping it up. I just want to make sure we don't go the way of the dodo.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Chirp, Chirp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chirp, Chirp   Chirp, Chirp Icon_minitime18th October 2012, 8:16 pm

I'm happy I still have a place to talk about women.

http://www.englishexercises.org/makeagame/my_documents/my_pictures/2012/ago/56D_Ugly-Woman-with-creepy-eyes2.jpg
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Chirp, Chirp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chirp, Chirp   Chirp, Chirp Icon_minitime18th October 2012, 8:26 pm

Bdix, big d told me Ares has a binder FULL of them!
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Chirp, Chirp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chirp, Chirp   Chirp, Chirp Icon_minitime21st October 2012, 10:04 pm

ares wrote:
I understand where you are coming from Jester, was just making mention of it because we have seen a wonderful influx of players and gaming in general.

Agreed. The slow-gro 40k league was a lot of fun. Thanks Ares!

ares wrote:
because no one worked at keeping it up

Don't worry. I always do. Also erection humor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chirp, Chirp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chirp, Chirp   Chirp, Chirp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chirp, Chirp
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Top :: General Discussion-
Jump to: