Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good newsfor Tyranid Players

Go down 
+4
Wildeyedjester
littleboyblues
bsimon
Turducken
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Turducken
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis
Turducken

Good newsfor Tyranid Players Empty
PostSubject: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime1st September 2009, 8:59 pm

I was watching a video by miniwargaming, a youtube channel put out by a canadian GW retailer, about Space Hulk.

I reccomend the channel, they have some pretty cool stuff.

Anyway, in the video, they mentioned that GW had halted shipment of all Tyranid Cidices and battleforces until the end of the year.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions from there. Smile
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime1st September 2009, 10:01 pm

Ooooohhh...

Is it because they've already confirmed that the next projected codex after Space Wolves is Tyranids?

March/April release is the current rumor, I believe. =)
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime2nd September 2009, 8:43 am

GW actually annonced that they are discontinuing all xeno codicies. Codex SM, Ig, SM wolves are just the first 3 releases of many more of the imperial releases we'll be seeing. After Puppies will be blood angels, black templars, adeptius arbites, witch hunters, dark angels, daemon hunters, adeptius mechanicus, Ordo assassinarium and finally custodial guard will be released in that order. In 6th edition it is even rumored that GW will drop all things non imperial from the core rules sets. Non Imperial armies will most likely be phased out by 2011 and will not be allowed in tournaments any longer. I see the tyranids being pulled as the first step in a wise course of action towards this plan by GW.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime2nd September 2009, 8:24 pm

Based on some of the crap that GW has pulled, I would almost believe that.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime2nd September 2009, 10:21 pm

Thanks for the heads up though, regardless. There are plenty of rumors that Will and I miss from time to time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime2nd September 2009, 10:23 pm

littleboyblues wrote:
GW actually annonced that they are discontinuing all xeno codicies. Codex SM, Ig, SM wolves are just the first 3 releases of many more of the imperial releases we'll be seeing. After Puppies will be blood angels, black templars, adeptius arbites, witch hunters, dark angels, daemon hunters, adeptius mechanicus, Ordo assassinarium and finally custodial guard will be released in that order. In 6th edition it is even rumored that GW will drop all things non imperial from the core rules sets. Non Imperial armies will most likely be phased out by 2011 and will not be allowed in tournaments any longer. I see the tyranids being pulled as the first step in a wise course of action towards this plan by GW.

Yes, but you are leaving out the 2 expansion armies that GW will put out to replace the xenos. The Purple-gray marines and the grayey-purpley marines with a slightly different codex.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

PostSubject: News   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime4th September 2009, 7:20 am

I also heard they might be changing the name to "Skirmishhammer".
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime4th September 2009, 8:44 am

BIg Al wrote:
I also heard they might be changing the name to "Skirmishhammer".
I believe you got that rumor inverted. The one I heard is that Apocalypse rules will be mandatory with a minimum point size of 10,000, and titans will be a 1+ required choice.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Turducken
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime5th September 2009, 1:47 pm

I also heard Imperrator class titans will be troop choices, and The Grayeypurpley marines With a Slightly Different Codex will have a 1+ normal and 0+ invulnerable save.

Guardsmen will be able to be given to Space Marines as an upgrade on the "Shields" category.
Back to top Go down
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

Location : Crouching in a hole with a lasgun in Sulphur Springs AR

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime5th September 2009, 6:18 pm

Ok, normally I know sarcasm when I see it... but I believe I have failed to recognize when you guys finally went off the deep end there.
But adeptius mechanicus, Ordo assassinarium and custodial guard? I want to believe... I so want to believe...
Back to top Go down
Warhamster77
Squig with flatulence
Warhamster77

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 12:01 pm

wow! and people say I'm mad as a hatter.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 12:07 pm

Controlling an army of assassins would be pretty pimptastic...
Back to top Go down
Warhamster77
Squig with flatulence
Warhamster77

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 12:20 pm

well the new leak ont the Space Wolves Codex. has reduced the cost of Land Raiders to 35pts, comes with extra armor, smoke launchers, searchlight, pintle mount multi-melta, and pintle mounrt storm bolter, and is a dedicated transport, so that every squad may now take them, in addition the Space Wolves Scouts may be mounted in in a Land Raider, or Crusader, and come in any board edge in reserve.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 1:17 pm

You also get a free SW Venerable Dreadnaught With Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers, and weapon options of your choice, for each Blood Claw and Grey Hunter pack you take. They also do not take up a FOC slot.
Back to top Go down
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

Location : Crouching in a hole with a lasgun in Sulphur Springs AR

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 3:56 pm

I heard there is a drawback to their Landraider transport rules: For every turn the SW's are in a transport, you roll a leadership test. If they fail, one of the battlebrothers messes on the carpet (they aren't house trained) and the entire squad is vaporized as the vengeful machine spirit vents it's plasma core into the troop compartment.
Back to top Go down
Warhamster77
Squig with flatulence
Warhamster77

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 4:19 pm

nah!!! they just get their noses rubbed in and swated with a rolled up scroll on they behind!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good newsfor Tyranid Players   Good newsfor Tyranid Players Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good newsfor Tyranid Players
Page 1 of 1