Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sithkhan
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
sithkhan

Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth Empty
PostSubject: Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth   Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth Icon_minitime23rd March 2012, 6:34 pm

So, yesterday, I brought my nephew up to TSE to look at the armies and let him pick what Fantasy army he wants to start. He's almost 10, and has watched my involvement in the hobby with interest.

We had a great time hanging out, looking at things, and just absorbing the interesting things in a game shop.

Then, after we bought the High Elves army book, a cube of dice, and a wonderful gift from the owner (Thanks, Brian), my nephew sees the 40k stuff.

High Elves may as well not exist. And now, I'm in a pinkie promise that we will start 6th edition together.

Woe is me.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth   Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth Icon_minitime23rd March 2012, 7:05 pm

I wouldn't woe yet. If 8th edition of fantasy is any indication of the way Games Workshop is going, then 6th edition of 40k may be really good. All of the 8th edition fantasy army books have done a great job at establishing a balance in the current edition. I don't see why 40k wouldn't follow the same path. I can't wait for 6th edition to come out, so I can have a reason to own 2 40k armies...hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Trygonz
Squig with flatulence
Trygonz

PostSubject: Re: Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth   Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth Icon_minitime23rd March 2012, 7:15 pm

hopefully it won't come out soon, i don't wanna restock all my models and codexs, too expensive
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth   Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth Icon_minitime23rd March 2012, 7:22 pm

Trygonz wrote:
hopefully it won't come out soon, i don't wanna restock all my models and codexs, too expensive

I wouldn't worry too much about having to replace everything, Trygonz. The 40k event will be just like the fantasy. Even after the 6th edition book comes out, a new 40k codex and associated models will only come out every 3-4 months. It will take Games Workshop years to represent every 40k army in 6th edition.
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth   Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth Icon_minitime23rd March 2012, 9:01 pm

Trygonz,
Looks to be July of this year for 6th edition. You can not stop the wheels of time.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth   Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth Icon_minitime23rd March 2012, 9:31 pm

5th edition is the best edition of 40k to date. But I am sure 6th will surpass it as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
sithkhan
sithkhan

PostSubject: Re: Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth   Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth Icon_minitime24th March 2012, 6:41 pm

Bah - If it gets my nephew in the hobby, I will enjoy it. Can't wait to start painting with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth   Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rent sackcloth and gnashed teeth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Top :: General Discussion-
Jump to: