Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apocalypse, Saturday March 17

Go down 
+11
BIg Al
Whirlpool
Trygonz
Wasber
big_d
MonkeyMan
Cpt_Tiberius
capnwoodrow
Haren
bdix
Wildeyedjester
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th February 2012, 3:54 pm

See Game Errata, below, for Clarification

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 16th February 2012, 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
big_d
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th February 2012, 4:02 pm

Brilliant.

That should work out nicely - will give Necrons the defensive buff that they need and will keep everything manageable.

Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 12:43 pm

Objectives and Scoring:
Each table will have 6 objectives placed onto them – Three by each team. Objectives are placed after deployment zones are established, but prior to bidding to go first. Objectives will be scored at the END of each teams turn. Objectives must be a minimum of 18” apart and must be a minimum of 18” in from the edge. A team will score 1 point for each objective they control with a troop unit, providing it is NOT contested by ANY enemy unit, at the end of each of their turns.

Example: If a team controls all objectives on all three tables they will score 18 points on their turn.

The points total will be kept throughout the game.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 12:45 pm

Additional Points:

Fortress Table World.
The walls guard the major center of defense on this jungle world – Pheridan Secundas. The fall of this defensive position would herald the fall of the planet.

This will be two 4x6 tables pushed together to yield a 12x4’ table. The fortress will be deployed at one 4’ end of one table. Each team will then have one full table for deployment. Defenders strategic reserves must enter play in within 6” of the gate of the fortress, be placed in the fortress, or come on from one of their Exposed starting tables edges. Attackers reinforcements may enter from any one of their three Exposed table edges. No strategic reserves will be able to enter play within 12" of an enemy.

A. The fortress will have 2 towers, 2 wall sections and 1 gate section. At the end of the game each section will be worth 2 additional points. The defending team earns two points for each section of the fortress that is intact. Attackers earn two points for each section that is destroyed.
B. Finally, the defender will earn a bonus 3 points if no troop units (non vehicle) have moved into the destroyed gate section. The attacker will earn a 3 bonus if they have moved a troop unit (non vehicle) into the gate rubble.

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 16th February 2012, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 12:47 pm

Moon World - An ancient Interplanetary Voidstorm missle lies dormant on the surface of this moon. If reactivated and reclaimed, it could provide a key asset in the taking of Pheridan Secundus. The power cells to reactivate the missile lie hidden across the surface.

At the end of each team turn, the team may roll a d6 if they control any terrain pieces with troops. You claim a +1 bonus to the roll for each terrain piece beyond the first you control. Any roll of 7 or more reactivates the missile at the center of the table.

Once the missile is reactivated, the first team to end their turn, and have an HQ at the missile complex will fire the missile. The missile must also not have any enemy units within 3” of it to fire. The missile may choose the city board, or the fortress board, or even the moon board as its target.

The missile will count as a Deathstrike missile but will be a str D weapon. Additionally, the blast counts as twin linked, so scatter dice may be rerolled.

It is possible to activate the missile and fire the missile on the same turn.

The team that activates the missile gains a bonus of 3 points
The team that fires the missle gains a bonus of 1 point.

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 16th February 2012, 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 12:50 pm

Merrows City - Following a heavy oribital bombardment this city must now be taken or reclaimed at all costs. The shielded defense laser at the center of the city cannot fall into enemy hands.

This will be a 12’ by 6’ city table. The defense laser will be in the center of the board. Deployment zones will be 30” along the full 12’ length of the table. No Scout moves or infiltrators may be placed or taken to within 18” of the defense laser.

Automatic defense turrets: if any vehicle moves within 12” of the laser, or begins their movement within 12” of the laser, the vehicle take an automatic hit as per a haywire grenade. 1 – no effect, 2-5 glancing hit, 6 penetrating hit.

A. Both Troops and a commander are needed to take and make use of the defense laser. The player with the highest total of troops and Hq’s in the laser, or its area terrain, at the end of each full turn have control of the laser the following turn. Only surviving troops point values are counted. Example: If only one necron warrior is present, he is 15 points, not the full value of his squad. A troop without an HQ, or vice versa, cannot use the laser.

B. The team that controls the laser has an advantage in the depths of space. Any attempts for an enemy unit to deepstrike on any of the three tables can be forced to reroll the scatter dice, as the ships in orbit must dodge laser fire. Further any orbital strikes, bombardments, timed bombardments or fire stemming from orbit will be completely negated on the roll of a 3+ for the duration of the coming turn.

C. At the end of the game, the defense laser is worth 4 additional points to the team that controls it. The team that has the highest total of HQ and Troops within 6” of the laser is controlling it. Both an HQ and a Troops (non vehicle) unit must be present to control it. Alternatively, if the space laser is destroyed, neither team will gain the points for the laser.

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 16th February 2012, 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 1:32 pm

Please give me feedback. I can change anything I need to. Since I am playing in this one I want everything out there for all to see prior to the game.

Also, how do you want to handle strategic assets? I was thinking of trying an alternating team pick mechanic, starting with the team going second. Meaning only one vortex grenade total is available, one 5+ cover for whole army, one timed strike and etc. I think this would lead to some different assets being used.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 1:55 pm

I only see a few things that stick out.

The reserves deployment on the Fortress Wall board seem a bit harsh for the attacker. If they have anything drive in on that far board edge they have a ~10 foot slog to the wall. I don't know of anything that can cover that much ground in 6 turns outside of supersonic units. Not sure what to do about it other than make sure you bid enough time to get everything deployed.

Contesting the laser seems a bit cumbersome. You will have to add up all the points of individual models and that seems like it could slow the game down. Maybe use # of models? Maybe some modified value - 25mil base 1 point, 40mil 2, small tank/60 mil 3, super heavy 4, titan/stompa 5? Anything that keeps you from having to look at a half dozen sheets of paper to find points costs will greatly speed up the game.

I like alternating picks on the stratagems.

Does the team that wins the deployment bid get their choice of being the attacker or defender on the Fortress Wall Board?

Standard objective placement - each team places one objective in their deployment zone, their opponents deployment zone, and one in the neutral zone?

Big laser seems balanced. If your team took a bunch of orbital bombardments they will really need to try and take it.

Seems like the big missile might be tough to get off. I am assuming that it will be a pretty big piece of terrain in the middle of the board. From what has happened at the Shiloh Slaughter one objective in the middle of the board is VERY hard to control - I think you would pretty much have to table your opponent in order for them not to have a unit contesting it. Not sure how to 'fix' this - the missile shot is crazy powerful and you should have to work for it, but at the same time it needs to be doable. I think that you should be able to detonate it on the planet where it sits if you want to (even if it is contested) - would make for a really cool last stand moment for a team that is getting swamped on that board.

Everything looks great, I think this will be a lot more engaging that our last few games - there is going to be a lot going on at each board but it isn't overwhelming.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 2:47 pm

I'm pretty sure we can add up how many points of models are on the missle pretty quickly. We do it every time there is victory points and this will be for just a few models. More than likely it will be obvious. I have Abaddon and two units of terminators here. You have a chaplain and 4 marines. I win the missile.

As far as the laser goes, yes it will be in the middle of the board. It should be a hard fought battle. but keep in mind the table is MUCH bigger and if you get on that one piece of terrain you are D template bait. (autoremoved unless you make an invuln) This will be a bit different.

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 16th February 2012, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 6:34 pm

Edited reinforcements on fortress world.

Decreased difficulty to activate missile. Allowed missile to target any board.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime22nd February 2012, 9:50 pm

With what i got for my birthday and the 5 lychguard my friend is letting me use, i can bring 2455 pts, i was thinking of picking up a box of deathmarks or a c'tan shard, would that be good for this? or not worth it?

Also if i have 5 lychguard assembled with warscythes and 5 with shields would i be allowed to use the warscythe ones as shield ones?

Thanks,
Lance
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime23rd February 2012, 12:07 am

Either unit, the ctan or death marks would be fine.

You have to use the models as what you see is what you get. So I would use a unit of 5 with shields and a unit of 5 with scythes.
Back to top Go down
Wasber
Nurgling on Antibiotics
Wasber

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th February 2012, 12:32 am

Hey can i join in? Its Shawn Smith ive got about 2k of ig
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime27th February 2012, 12:07 am

We will add you in man. We will start getting things going about 9 AM and finish sometime after 5 PM with a short lunch break. As long as you are good for that length of time, just show up and you are good to go.

Also, glad to have you on board. Tell those Spooner brothers and the other folks they need to sign up for the forums!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th February 2012, 7:06 pm

Others to be added on arrival.
monkeyman
Trygonz
Wasbar
Spooner brothers?
Back to top Go down
Trygonz
Squig with flatulence
Trygonz

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th February 2012, 7:19 pm

there is a boy about 10 or 11 i would say who would like to be at the game, as i am borrowing some nids from him, is this alright with you guys? he has a rudementry understanding of 5th edition rules but would like to learn more, his name is Landis Bouyer
Back to top Go down
Whirlpool
Eldar with a tramp stamp
Whirlpool

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th February 2012, 7:37 pm

I will probably show up sometime to check out the action. I probably won't play though since I don't have much to contribute at this point. If someone wants to play with any of my CSM's let me know and I'll bring them up.
I have:
10 marines
10 Terminators 7 of which have lightning claws
28 berzerkers
and a rhino
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th February 2012, 9:34 pm

I see you are using my Slaanesh Demon. Very cool. Is the Tyranid Scythed Heirodule going to be making an appearance? Glad they are seeing some action.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th February 2012, 9:41 pm

BIg Al wrote:
I see you are using my Slaanesh Demon. Very cool. Is the Tyranid Scythed Heirodule going to be making an appearance? Glad they are seeing some action.

Probably not, unless the other team comes up with another 2k or so in points. Matt has some nids, but currently everything is balanced.

You are good with us using your daemon? I thought we would let one of the younglings push it around? I kid of course. Matt and I will guard it with our lives,
Back to top Go down
Trygonz
Squig with flatulence
Trygonz

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th February 2012, 10:25 pm

well i left my codex with monkey man, so im asking him to run up my army on his army builder, i would estimate bout 1.4 k FOR NOW, as for a couple days from now, i would say i'll be good then
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th February 2012, 10:34 pm

Whirlpool wrote:
I will probably show up sometime to check out the action. I probably won't play though since I don't have much to contribute at this point. If someone wants to play with any of my CSM's let me know and I'll bring them up.
I have:
10 marines
10 Terminators 7 of which have lightning claws
28 berzerkers
and a rhino

Thanks for the offer man. We currently are short on hands. We just need more folks before we can add models in!
Back to top Go down
Whirlpool
Eldar with a tramp stamp
Whirlpool

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th February 2012, 6:15 am

Well depending on if I get this job I'm after and what days they want me to work, I might be able to play. Keep in mind I have zero experience at this point, so it would be imperative for me to get a few games under my belt before hand and have someone coach me through so I don't hold up the game. I'll try to get a game in this friday to see what my comfort level would be on playing in this monster of a game. Guess i'll let you know more in a few days.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th February 2012, 11:43 am

Teams update, again.

Defending team:
'bad team'
Harp space wolves 4k
Harp dark eldar 3k
harp daemons 3.5k
Dannato daemons 3k
Alex Nids 4k
Alex Eldar 3k
Yates guard 4.5 k
Yates Eldar 3.5 k
Yates necrons 1.5 k
Shawn gives crons 2 k
Dannato Guard 3k
Harp Nids 1k
Spooner #1 2 k tau
Yates tau 1.5 k
Whirpool 2 k chaos

Total: 41.5k

Harp shadowsord 450
Yates shadowsword 450
warhound titan (loaned downey) 750
Daemon lord angrath (loaned downey) 888
Daemon lord zarakynel (loaned alex) 666
Scythed Heriodule 600
Yates surprise 600
Fortress walls 600

Total: 5k

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 8th March 2012, 12:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th February 2012, 11:48 am

Good team
Downey orcs 4k
Downey marines 4k - including achilles
Downey guard 5k
Sterling 4k marines
Shawn 4k Blood Angels
Blake 4k marines
Blake 1k orcs
Spooner #2 5 k chaos
Spooner # 2 3 k marines
Dan gives 2.5 marines
Eric gives 4 k of grey knights
Wasber? 3 k guard

Total 41.5 k

Heavies:
Spooner stormlord 450
Downey orc shadowsword 450
Downey orc baneblade 500
Downey orc stompa 600
Downey Orc stomps 600
Shawn Fell blade 750
Sterling baneblade 500
Spooner brass scorpion 250

Total 4100

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 8th March 2012, 12:46 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th February 2012, 12:20 pm

Army Building Rules for Game.
1. A player must provide a list or data sheet for every unit that will be used. These sheets will be assigned to a primary player for control, stratagems, and for orders given by generals.
2. A full list will be assigned to one table, and may not be split between tables. Example: The good team has about 5k total of orcs (Blake and Will). If these are all in one list they will be put on one table. If these are in 3 lists, they may be put on three different tables.
3. Lists may not be changed in game, so table assignments will not change during the game.
4. Only one instance of any speciaal character may be used in the game. If he appears in two lists players will dice off for them at the beginning of the game.
5. Army wide abilities only affect models in their list. Example: Ghazghuls crazy waagh, will onlly affect the orcs in the list he is in. Likewise with avatars fearless bubble, sang priests feel no pain, and etc.
6. Team generals for the games shall be the two Jedi Lords: Blake and Dan.
7. Blake and Dan will be given a full sheet of orders. At the beginning of each team turn, both generals will each play an order card on that team. Some orders will give a chance to score a bonus point. Some give bonuses to troops or dice rolled. Example: At the start of the Good teams turn, each general must give the good team a card. This represents orders (probably one easy and one difficult) for that team to try to achieve. Only the generals may see all the orders and play them as they see fit during the game. Order cards will go up on the blog foir everyone to see prior to the game.

Errata for this game:
1. Unlimited range equates to 10' for any guns statted as such (hk missiles, harp of disonance)
2. World affecting powers create a 5' bubble extending out from source. Solar flares, for example.
3. Flyers will be able to transfer between tables via deepstrike. Pick the flyer up during the movement phase from one table and then deepstrike it onto either of the the other tables. Or you may remove the flyer from one table on your turn and then move it on to a different table the following turn (no danger of deepstrike mishap).
4. Solar Pulse and Stormlord's powers affect targetting necrons only.
5. Superheavies may have their armor lowered from entropic strike. However this reduction of armor only applies to the topmost remaining structure point. Other structure points remain an their normal armor value.
6. Trazyn's machine power cannot affect superheavy vehicles.
7. Army abilities from a list will only affect models from the same list. Example feel no pain from a blood angels sang priest can only give FNP to models in te same army, in the same list
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th February 2012, 12:47 pm

I've been brushing up on my photoshop and adobe skills so I can make custom datasheets if anyone is running any kind of custom super heavy that doesn't have a datasheet. I made one for the ork tank I am running and will make another two for the second ork tank and the klaw stompa. Let me know if anyone needs one, all I really need is a picture of the model and what rules it is using.
Back to top Go down
gara101
Gimp Suit Wearing Dark Eldar
gara101

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th March 2012, 9:20 am

this is kevin spooner my brother ryan and i are planning on showing up
i have about 4k of chaos and 3k of space marines and a stormlord and a brass scorpion

ryan has about 2500 of tau and he doesnt have anything speial
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th March 2012, 9:43 am

For those of you playing, but I havent spoken with individually:

We wil have a 20 min lunch break.

I am smoking a ton of BBQ the night before for lunch during apoc. The cost for lunch is 10$ each and you need to let me know if you want food prior to this weekend so I know how much to buy.

If you dont want BBQ thats fine, but bring some food. The fall of Pheridan Secundus wont stop long enough for a run to Mickey D's.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th March 2012, 9:46 am

gara101 wrote:
this is kevin spooner my brother ryan and i are planning on showing up
i have about 4k of chaos and 3k of space marines and a stormlord and a brass scorpion

ryan has about 2500 of tau and he doesnt have anything speial

Super! Glad you guys will make it out. I will adjust totals later on. kevin is it a superheavy tank you have? Shadowsword?
Back to top Go down
gara101
gara101

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th March 2012, 8:54 pm

ya its the baneblade varient
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse, Saturday March 17
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next