Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster Empty
PostSubject: New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster   New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster Icon_minitime1st February 2012, 3:18 pm

After Shiloh I decided my list really needed a second look, and a few things have stood out.

MAGIC AND HEROES
I also decided to drop the Chaos Lord in favor of a Tzeentch on Disk, I also dropped the second sorcerer (for now). I want to get in some games with just the Tzeentch, I'm on the fence about having a second Sorcerer around.

CORE
I made some significant changes to the Warriors, I dropped 2 from the defensive block and dropped Slaanesh BSB in favor of a Khorne BSB with a Halberd and Shield, which is now in a second block of warrior equipped the same way.

I dropped the Tzeentch Marauders from the list, they worked well at holding people down long enough for me to maneuver harder hitting units but with the short games there's not really time for that. Besides, with a horde of 30 GW MOK Marauders they should pin someone down long enough to either kill the target or receive relief from reinforcements.

Warhounds, I kept two units of hounds. These died fast, but I expected that. Mainly I'm using them to bait and to absorb charges while I get harder units into position. But moreover, they're filler. The low points per unit is hard to argue with, and if they take out something before they die then even better.

SPECIALS
For starters, smaller blocks of Ogres. I decided to add one ogre, and split the unit into 2. Which should make them much more maneuverable, having that many points dumped into a unit that never seems to be able to "fit" into combat just isn't right.

I did find that the Knights with MOK hit hard and took a pounding, I have a feeling these guys will be a staple for me from now on.

RARES
Warshrine, what more is there to say? Out of five games, it was destroyed once. And it wreaked havoc everytime it hit someone, I was playing really conservatively with it initially for fear it would be easily destroyed, that was a mistake. A mistake I won't be making in the future.

Any thoughts on the list would be greatly appreciated, I've got more than a few units to play around with now, including some Forsaken that I want to try out sometime too.

2500 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Total Roster Cost: 2491

Item (0 pts)
. . 0 Eye of the Gods, 0 pts

Sorcerer Lord (2#, 450 pts)
. . 1 Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch, 290 pts = (base cost 235 + Level 4 Upgrade 35) + Mark of Tzeentch 20
. . . . 1 Disc of Tzeentch, 20 pts
. . . . 1 Enchanted Shield, 15 pts
. . . . 1 Infernal Puppet, 35 pts
. . . . 1 Talisman of Preservation, 45 pts
. . . . 1 Bloodcurdling Roar, 20 pts
. . . . 1 Third Eye of Tzeentch, 25 pts

Exalted Hero (1#, 189 pts)
. . 1 Exalted Hero of Khorne (Battle Standard Bearer), 159 pts = (base cost 110 + Halberd 4 + Shield 5 + Battle Standard Bearer 25) + Mark of Khorne 15
. . . . 1 Talisman of Endurance, 30 pts

Chaos Warriors (17#, 394 pts)
. . 16 Chaos Warriors of Khorne, 320 pts = 16 * 17 (base cost 15 + Halberd 1 + Shield 1) + Mark of Khorne 30 + Musician Mus 6 + Standard Bearer Std 12
. . . . 1 Champion of Khorne, 29 pts = (base cost 27 + Halberd 1 + Shield 1)
. . . . 1 Razor Standard, 45 pts

Chaos Warriors (18#, 338 pts)
. . 17 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch, 310 pts = 17 * 16 (base cost 15 + Shield 1) + Mark of Tzeentch 20 + Musician Mus 6 + Standard Bearer Std 12
. . . . 1 Champion of Tzeentch, 28 pts = (base cost 27 + Shield 1)

Chaos Marauders (30#, 200 pts)
. . 29 Chaos Marauders of Khorne, 187 pts = 29 * 5 (base cost 4 + Great Weapon 1) + Mark of Khorne 30 + Musician Mus 4 + Standard Bearer Std 8
. . . . 1 Chieftan of Khorne, 13 pts = (base cost 12 + Great Weapon 1)

Chaos Hounds (5#, 30 pts)
. . 5 Chaos Warhounds, 30 pts = 5 * 6

Chaos Hounds (5#, 30 pts)
. . 5 Chaos Warhounds, 30 pts = 5 * 6

Chaos Knights (6#, 370 pts)
. . 5 Chaos Knights of Khorne, 260 pts = 5 * 40 (base cost 40) + Mark of Khorne 30 + Musician Mus 10 + Standard Bearer Std 20
. . . . 1 Champion of Khorne, 60 pts
. . . . 1 Ranger's Standard, 50 pts

Chaos Ogres (3#, 170 pts)
. . 2 Ogres of Khorne, 110 pts = 2 * 40 (base cost 35 + Extra Hand Weapon 5) + Mark of Khorne 30
. . . . 1 Mutant Ogre of Khorne, 60 pts = (base cost 55 + Extra Hand Weapon 5)

. . 2 Ogres of Khorne, 110 pts = 2 * 40 (base cost 35 + Extra Hand Weapon 5) + Mark of Khorne 30

Chaos Warshrine (1#, 150 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch, 150 pts = (base cost 130) + Mark of Tzeentch 20

Validation Report:
Army Subtype: Chaos Army; Edition: 8th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game; Special Rules: Forbid Special Characters, Forbid Regiments of Renown
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Composition Report:
Points of Lords: 450 (0 - 625)
Points of Heroes: 189 (0 - 625)
Points of Core: 932 (625 - Unlimited)
Points of Special: 710 (0 - 1250)
Points of Rare: 150 (0 - 625)

Created with Army BuilderĀ® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster   New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster Icon_minitime1st February 2012, 5:42 pm

Alternatively, I could bump the Marauder block to a 50 model horde and drop the hounds and a Knight. Thoughts?

2500 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Total Roster Cost: 2491

Item (0 pts)
. . 0 Eye of the Gods, 0 pts

Sorcerer Lord (2#, 450 pts)
. . 1 Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch, 290 pts = (base cost 235 + Level 4 Upgrade 35) + Mark of Tzeentch 20
. . . . 1 Disc of Tzeentch, 20 pts
. . . . 1 Enchanted Shield, 15 pts
. . . . 1 Infernal Puppet, 35 pts
. . . . 1 Talisman of Preservation, 45 pts
. . . . 1 Bloodcurdling Roar, 20 pts
. . . . 1 Third Eye of Tzeentch, 25 pts

Exalted Hero (1#, 189 pts)
. . 1 Exalted Hero of Khorne (Battle Standard Bearer), 159 pts = (base cost 110 + Halberd 4 + Shield 5 + Battle Standard Bearer 25) + Mark of Khorne 15
. . . . 1 Talisman of Endurance, 30 pts

Chaos Warriors (17#, 394 pts)
. . 16 Chaos Warriors of Khorne, 320 pts = 16 * 17 (base cost 15 + Halberd 1 + Shield 1) + Mark of Khorne 30 + Musician Mus 6 + Standard Bearer Std 12
. . . . 1 Champion of Khorne, 29 pts = (base cost 27 + Halberd 1 + Shield 1)
. . . . 1 Razor Standard, 45 pts

Chaos Warriors (18#, 338 pts)
. . 17 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch, 310 pts = 17 * 16 (base cost 15 + Shield 1) + Mark of Tzeentch 20 + Musician Mus 6 + Standard Bearer Std 12
. . . . 1 Champion of Tzeentch, 28 pts = (base cost 27 + Shield 1)

Chaos Marauders (50#, 300 pts)
. . 49 Chaos Marauders of Khorne, 287 pts = 49 * 5 (base cost 4 + Great Weapon 1) + Mark of Khorne 30 + Musician Mus 4 + Standard Bearer Std 8
. . . . 1 Chieftan of Khorne, 13 pts = (base cost 12 + Great Weapon 1)

Chaos Knights (5#, 330 pts)
. . 4 Chaos Knights of Khorne, 220 pts = 4 * 40 (base cost 40) + Mark of Khorne 30 + Musician Mus 10 + Standard Bearer Std 20
. . . . 1 Champion of Khorne, 60 pts
. . . . 1 Ranger's Standard, 50 pts

Chaos Warshrine (1#, 150 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch, 150 pts = (base cost 130) + Mark of Tzeentch 20

Validation Report:
Army Subtype: Chaos Army; Edition: 8th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game; Special Rules: Forbid Special Characters, Forbid Regiments of Renown
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Composition Report:
Points of Lords: 450 (0 - 625)
Points of Heroes: 189 (0 - 625)
Points of Core: 1032 (625 - Unlimited)
Points of Special: 670 (0 - 1250)
Points of Rare: 150 (0 - 625)

Created with Army BuilderĀ® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster   New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster Icon_minitime1st February 2012, 6:02 pm

I like the second list better. After seeing the horde unit of Khorne Marauders in action, I know they can be brutal...much more than a few dogs will be. Chaos is a fighty army, and, at the point cost, Khorne Maraudes w/ great weapons are the best core in the game right now, so the more the better. Also, I think dropping the second wizard is a good idea. Chaos does not need two wizards if one of them is a level 4 Tzeentch, because he should give you all the magical offense and defense you could want for a 2500 point game.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster   New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster Icon_minitime1st February 2012, 6:42 pm

Thanks Fethos, and you sum up my thoughts on the matter pretty well. I think the only reason I would grab a second Sorc at this point is to have a Dispel Scrolls, and possibly some different magic. It would be nice to have a second disk causing havoc, but I think what I've got should be enough. Either way, I think it'll be a fun list - I just have to get to work on a couple of new units.

I met a guy playing Orcs and Goblins at Shiloh who had a Giant as filler in a Savage Orc unit, so I think I'm going to copy that for my Marauder block.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster   New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster Icon_minitime1st February 2012, 6:55 pm

A giant filler would be cool, especially if you could fit a few marauders on the base trying to chain him down or walking him like a dog on a chain.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster   New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster Icon_minitime1st February 2012, 10:02 pm

I have some ideas for the giant, I think he'll turn out nicely. I've got plans for a second Tzeentch shrine, and some other conversions for the ever expanding army.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster   New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster Icon_minitime5th February 2012, 7:36 pm

After knocking around on Warseer I got the idea to change a few things around, first combine the two ogre units and make a 3x2 block of six ogres, then I drop the Halberd on my BSB (frankly Str 5 should be enough really).

That frees up just a hair over 60 points, enough for 2 units of five Warhounds. I think I'll try playtesting it a bit before I decide, but I think that makes the list a bit stronger overall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster   New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Evil, my improved Chaos Roster
Page 1 of 1