Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE

Go down 
+3
bdix
RockWars
Timmay
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Timmay
Necron Scarab with rusty hinges

Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Empty
PostSubject: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime31st January 2012, 10:34 pm

Just 7 hours away, we are hosting the second annual Bugeater GT in Omaha, Nebraska. We have moved the event this year to the beginning of June to avoid conflict with the College World Series. The tournament is hosted at Millard West High School in Omaha, NE. The Grand Tournament is not only an awesome weekend of gaming, but it is also a fundraiser for the debate team that I help coach. Last year's Bugeater raised over $3,000 for the program ... yet we still managed to give away thousands of dollars in prizes!

There's still much to be decided/announced, but here are some basics and reasons why you need to come:

1. We will use the NOVA style missions and format again, and both champions will be invited to the NOVA Invitational.

2. Our cost is low at $52. That's for three days of gaming, and a swag bag, access to the Golden Gobbo painting competition (our version of the Golden Gobbo), and a chance at over a dozen prizes for fantasy and 40k each. This is possible because we get access to the facilities for free in exchange for donating money to the debate program.

3. We will again have thousands of dollars to give away in swag bags, raffles between the rounds, and prizes for award winners.

4. All 40k players will get 6 rounds, and fantasy players will get 5 rounds. 40k will be played at 1850, Fantasy at 2500.

5. We have spots for 64 40k players and 48 fantasy players, but that is only our initial billing. We have the room and materials to expand our slots as necessary. Based on feedback from last year, we anticipate filling these spots, since we had 80 competitors last year, having over 100 total is nearly a certainty.

6. We now have a year under our belt, and if you're looking for some diverse competition this is your GT. We are the only GT in a 400 mile radius, and last year we had people come in from 11 different states from Wyoming to Texas to Louisiana in addition to the states in our region.

7. We have awesome concessions at the tournament. The debate kids and staff run the concessions, and in addition to lunch you can get at the tournament site, they will come around to your game tables and take orders for pop, candy, chips, etc. while you're playing. That's service!

The primer packet will be out soon for you to look at, but in the meantime all our resources from last year are available to look at.

If you've never heard of the Bugeater GT...
I think we ran a pretty good event last year, but I'll let the people who came last year tell it to you. Here are some reviews to look over:

Hulksmash's review
Xaereth's review
Inquistor Dunn's archived review posts

There are others as well, but those are the three that had the most info that I recall.

If you want more details, like the schedule, go to http://gt.bugeatergames.com.

If you want to purchase tickets, you can directly visit the ticket purchase page here: http://gt.bugeatergames.com/?page_id=93
Back to top Go down
RockWars
Flashlight toting Guardsman
RockWars

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime2nd February 2012, 11:36 pm

Hoping to make it up this year looks to be awesome.

Also the fantasy packet came out today.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime3rd February 2012, 1:26 am

Thinking about going. College world series plus Warhammer sounds like a good trip.
Back to top Go down
RockWars
RockWars

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime3rd February 2012, 10:37 am

Sorry to disappoint but the CWS won't overlap this year.
Back to top Go down
Bartholomew
Blue Horror Telling a Knock Knock Joke
Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime3rd February 2012, 10:48 pm

This GT sounds fun!
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime3rd February 2012, 11:00 pm

Timmay,
A couple of us are talking about going. How fast did you fill up last year?
Back to top Go down
Timmay

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime4th February 2012, 2:15 pm

We sold out about a month before the event last year. We're effectively a month earlier, so I would say as long as you purchase by April you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime5th February 2012, 11:31 pm

Just bought my ticket for the WFBGT.

I have 2-3 spots remaining in the vehicle + armies, gents.
Back to top Go down
Timmay

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime6th February 2012, 1:06 am

As soon as we get the code for the hotel block, I'll post it here as well. Glad to see you signed up!
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime10th February 2012, 1:21 am

I'll be going to this as well in the fantasy side. I know about 5 other central AR ppl planning to attend.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime10th February 2012, 3:51 am

Looks like we are going to a have an Arkansas party caravan heading up to Omaha.
Back to top Go down
Bartholomew
Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime10th February 2012, 11:25 am

looks like I will be attending as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime13th February 2012, 5:36 pm

I'm thinking of going as well, but I'm confused about something Timmay says up top. He's says there is 3 days of gaming and I only see 2 days on the web site.

Timmay, is there something on Friday that I'm missing? Just trying to plan for when I need to be there and what I'll need to bring.
Back to top Go down
Timmay

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime14th February 2012, 8:22 am

@Sweet E - the GT itself is Saturday and Sunday. Friday night is open gaming and some other small events - there's talk of Blood Bowl and kill team games for example. We offer those for people who get into town and want a fun night of meeting players and hanging out before the tournament starts.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime14th February 2012, 6:37 pm

For some reason I read "kill team" as "kitten team". Needless to say, I was very interested.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime14th February 2012, 7:57 pm

Thanks Timmay. I bought my ticket for 40k.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime17th February 2012, 11:16 am

Just bought my GT ticket for 40k.
Back to top Go down
RockWars
RockWars

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime18th February 2012, 2:17 am

Had no idea you were going up LBB. That brings the central Arkansas tally to 8
Back to top Go down
Timmay

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime18th February 2012, 1:39 pm

I'm really excited to see you guys making the trip up. We're filling at a fast pace compared to last year, with 20 spots left in 40k and 15 in fantasy. Many of the people who pre-registered are also actually buying their ticket now.

I've been posting some pictures of the swag bag materials on our facebook page if you want to check that out (just search for the Bugeater GT).
Back to top Go down
Bartholomew
Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime18th February 2012, 2:42 pm

picked up my fantasy ticket! Smile
Back to top Go down
Timmay

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime18th February 2012, 5:19 pm

Quick question for you guys -

Back in the fall Hayne Begley emailed me saying he was coming up with 5-6 guys from Arkansas - was he referring to you all here or does he run with a different group?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime18th February 2012, 5:42 pm

Hayne's group should be 6-8 ppl out of Central AR.

We represent about 6-8 from NW AR.

Back to top Go down
Timmay

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime21st February 2012, 6:31 pm

Well folks, we have sold out fantasy. We are down to 13 spots in 40k. So if you're thinking about going - act sooner rather than later!

If you are still interesting in going in fantasy, there is a waitlist forming. Email me at RoyersT@gmail.com

When the council meets next Wednesday, we will discuss the possibility of opening up more spots for fantasy. We won't do that, however, unless we have the tables/terrain/staff to do it without compromising the quality of the event.

Back to top Go down
Timmay

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime22nd February 2012, 8:17 am

Well the fantasy sell out must have motivated the 40kers into action, because now we're down to FOUR spots left in 40k before the waitlist forms up. Sign up now to make sure you don't miss out on this year's Bugeater!
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime23rd April 2012, 9:52 pm

When and where do lists need to be submitted for this event?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE   Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bugeater GT - Omaha, NE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next