Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Morlockwing

Go down 
+3
big_d
bsmoove
Itkovian
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bsmoove
Servitor with a short circuit

Morlockwing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morlockwing   Morlockwing - Page 2 Icon_minitime23rd September 2009, 7:48 am

I have to say that I'm surprised to hear that. I quite like the single barrel as it is, and was even planning on emulating that (among other things).
Back to top Go down
Itkovian
Blind Ratling Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Morlockwing   Morlockwing - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th September 2009, 6:29 am

bsmoove: while I do like the effect, I think for a combi-bolter, the double barrel look would be better. If (when Smile ) I get around to some 40k terminators, I'll probably use this method.

Got some stuff done since the last update, though (of course) not as much as I'd like. Luckily, Real Life is beating a retreat for a week, so I should hopefully be able to post some piccies on a daily-ish basis on what I'm doing.

Literally just received my microstrip from Antenociti's Workshop, so I'll be adding straps to all the guys, as well as replacing the SB barrels tonight.

Pics up later!
Back to top Go down
http://itkovian.blogspot.com
Itkovian
Blind Ratling Sniper

PostSubject: Strips for the Strip God!   Morlockwing - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th September 2009, 4:33 pm

Right, as promised, some piccy goodness for you.

Progress so far has been these strips and their buckle-thingies (technical term). There's 50 of each of them (one set of straps was (stupidly) added to the model before the buckles were glued:
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0001-2

And then the models themselves:

2nd Squad:
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0003-2
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0004-3
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0005-3

3rd Squad:
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0006-2
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0007-2
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0008-3
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0009-2

I've done some putty cleanup on the greaves for one of the relic clade-wielders and will crack on with that and looking at the storm bolters after I've done my laundry...

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Itkovian
Blind Ratling Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Morlockwing   Morlockwing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st October 2009, 6:03 am

And another update for you guys. I've now stuck the leather straps to their groins with the groin plates on top and am just waiting for them to completely set so that I can bend some life into them.

I've also cleaned up the putty on the rest of the torsos as well as doing the second honour guard's greaves.

As they stand now:
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0001-3
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0006-3

Close-up of the honour guard:
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0003-3

I'm happy with his right greave - just a small amount of cleaning to do on the bottom edge, but am not so pleased with his left one - one of the cog-teeth came unstuck this morning so I had to reglue that and will have to file it down tonight.

Close-up of one of the Reapers:
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0002-2

I've added rivets to his torso using Ithmaril's method of drilling a hole in a sprue then stamping them out in putty. The bottoms need tidying up once the glue has set, and I may have drilled a bit too deep. Hopefully that will sort itself out when I reshape the stamp to try and deal with the rims left at the bottom of the rivets.

Here's a list of what's left to do to get these guys done:
- Finish putty work on autocannons and odd-jobs - such as the straps on the honour guard
- Go rivet-crazy on most of them
- Cut 100 straps and 100 "buckles" to go one their shoulders
- Finish off the shoulderpads and collars (which I can't do right now owing to having been IDed for buying craft blades... :huh: )

So there you have it. Now I'm going back to work... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Itkovian
Blind Ratling Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Morlockwing   Morlockwing - Page 2 Icon_minitime22nd October 2009, 5:23 am

Update!

Thought I'd show you the army I was supposed to be taking to Gedren. They were going to get a quick paint job to be ready in time, but now that I don't have a dealine, I'll be able to spend a little longer on them.

Army shot:
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0002-2

Primered Plate Mail (Army Painter spray):
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0018

Washed Badab Black:
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0012
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0013
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0015

Mostly Painted (older pic, crap(per) lighting:
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0001

I'm not too happy with that last squad - will have to rework them - they were based off a black primer. Hopefully it won't be too hard to make them match the other squads. Also not happy with the heraldry groin plates, so will be changing those.

Santar:
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0007-1
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0008-2
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0009-2

He's based off a chaos lord and has only had a primer coat in sub-optimal conditions (it was freezing).

Iron Father:
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0010-1
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0004
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0005-1
Morlockwing - Page 2 PIC_0006-1

Same as for Santar, please ignore the rough primer... Missed drilling out the holes for his weapon. Not too sure about the mini-servo-arms on his chest due to practical considerations, but still, looks cool.

I'm quite seriously toying with the idea of replacing all their storm bolters with the vehicle-mounted ones...
Back to top Go down
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

Location : Crouching in a hole with a lasgun in Sulphur Springs AR

PostSubject: Re: Morlockwing   Morlockwing - Page 2 Icon_minitime25th October 2009, 4:33 pm

Ho-ly Moses... the epicness of this army defies description.
Morlockwing - Page 2 Clap110
Well done. This scary clapping guy is most pleased

And as for the vehicle storm bolter thing: why not? It's the only part of these minis that can still get bigger and more epic than it already is!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morlockwing   Morlockwing - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morlockwing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Top :: Hobby :: My Work in Progress-
Jump to: