Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crons, The final frontier

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

Crons, The final frontier Empty
PostSubject: Crons, The final frontier   Crons, The final frontier Icon_minitime3rd November 2011, 9:00 am

Ok, so many of us have already started theory-hammering the new necrons and have begun to consider early builds with the information that we have (such as rumors, and leaked info.) I have gone through my collection of necron models and have received a count of what I have as of this moment. As soon as the codex comes out this weekend I will be posting up a first (well actually third or fourth since I'm going to try out a couple of builds @ warpig friday night,) build. But for now a list of what I already have to work with.

1 Lord on foot with orb
1 Destroyer lord with orb
8 Flayed ones (104)
8 Necron Raiders, which i have been proxing as immortals (136)
53 Warriors (689)
3 Destroyers (only 2 full models, and 1 body no head, or arms) (120)
1 Monolith

Oh forgot

3 tomb spiders
10+ stands of scarabs

I think I should have a good base to start from building out a tournament necron list.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Crons, The final frontier   Crons, The final frontier Icon_minitime7th November 2011, 3:04 am

Next time you see me, you are going to have to slap me. The new necrons looks amazing, and I'm getting that I GOTTA HAVE THEM! urge.

Having looked at the codex for a total of about 5 minutes, I really like the Praetorians and Lychguards. I dont know how good they would actually be with there short range weapons, lack of survivability and terrible initiative, but their models sure look cool!
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Crons, The final frontier   Crons, The final frontier Icon_minitime7th November 2011, 9:21 am

You don't need them. If the current rumors are true, then your Tau will be the next dex. Razz

At first blush, the Praetorians and the Lychguard both seem great, but when you actually do the number crunching their not worth their points. I think they need some actual play before passing final judgement.

Jester, Capn, and I are all playing around with them right now. So give us a few weeks and we will have it broken.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Crons, The final frontier   Crons, The final frontier Icon_minitime7th November 2011, 5:54 pm

I dont think I am going to play them, but I am going to buy a box of those models just to paint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crons, The final frontier   Crons, The final frontier Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crons, The final frontier
Page 1 of 1