Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Game With Ogres

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
warhammerworld
Apothecary with a box of band aids

First Game With Ogres Empty
PostSubject: First Game With Ogres   First Game With Ogres Icon_minitime21st September 2011, 10:05 pm

Ogres had a well balanced list, and we found that Ogres can shoot really well. The handguns with 24" range and no penalty for movement is really nice. Both the Maneaters and the Leadbelchers have that ability, and with a Brace on the Maneaters, it gets loud in a hurry. the cannon is really scary, scarier than effective, yet still effective.

Turn 1 panic a unit of Dragon Ogres off the board.
Turn 2 eliminates a Warshrine.

That's more than its points back. I want 2!

12 man block of Ogres is effective, especially with the BSB with the banner of Bounce Spell on 2+. Now you can try, but whatcha gonna do against them, maybe shoot? S7 impact hits, and a 17% chance of D3 each!

Did not use the big critters, opted for the cannon, instead, and really glad that I did!

I ran 3 blocks of Ogres that had to be dealt with, and a unit of Yhetees just for giggles. The Gorger broke a unit of Marauders all by his lonesome after 3 rounds. Killing blow and frenzy helped him a bunch. The Frosty dudes no longer climb walls, but they are still fun. If I get the second cannon, they will go away.

Next time I think I will try Mournfang Cav. They look too good to pass up.

I ask the question often, what armies have cannons, and why should I worry about Dwarfs and Empire that very few play. Now add Ogres to that with a cannon that can fight!

The game lasted 4 turns before we had to reel it in, and the Ogres had me smiling from Jump Street!

Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

PostSubject: Re: First Game With Ogres   First Game With Ogres Icon_minitime23rd September 2011, 9:25 pm

Played game 2 with Ogres on Thursday. Shane used Chaos, and I learned 1 really big lesson. 4 dice is too many to roll when casting spells with Slaughtermaster against Chaos. Do not get greedy and try to play the AOE spell. Upgrade only 1 unit at a time, and life will last much longer for the big cheese.

6 turns and a solid Chaos win
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: First Game With Ogres   First Game With Ogres Icon_minitime26th September 2011, 10:16 pm

Good to see the Ogres are out and about. I look forward to getting a game in against them sometime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Game With Ogres   First Game With Ogres Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Game With Ogres
Page 1 of 1