Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Examples of tournements

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

Some Examples of tournements Empty
PostSubject: Some Examples of tournements   Some Examples of tournements Icon_minitime6th July 2011, 11:41 pm

First off let me point you at the rule book for any PP tourney, the Steamroller floor rules handbook.

In the year I've been playing I've been to two major events now and seen several variations of events. Here are a few that I've at least watched. One thing that is similar in all the events are that they have timed turns, which is determined by the point value of the game.

15 point Mangled Metal / Tooth & Claw
(Warcaster / Warlock & Warjack / Warbeast only.)
Usually these events are really quick games focusing on the interaction between caster and creation.

35 point SR event (The standard event)
These are the meat and potatoes of competitive Warmachine/Hordes.

50 point Hardcore events
The hardcore standard is one that brings the best of the best players. The Warmachine weekend invitational is a hardcore event. Not only do you have to be good at the game to do well in these event, you also have to have your army painted to "hardcore standards" (atleast 3 colors, with an attempt to bring out the details of the model, and proper basing.)

75 point Dual Caster event
I personally liked this one because it allowed you to field more of your army than you'd normally get to. Not very popular however.

Warmachine Weekend's 4-4 (4 casters, 4 jacks)
A specialty event created by the organizers of the event, to play with synergies that you'd never get to see in a normal game.

4-1 (1 caster, 1 jack, 1 unit, 1 solo)
only seen it at CHG and @ WMW, but this format is a quick fun who cares format.
Back to top Go down

Some Examples of tournements
Page 1 of 1