HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Castle House Games is closed for business

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager

PostSubject: Castle House Games is closed for business   29th June 2011, 10:23 am

Hi all,

Sorry it has taken until now to disclose this, but having your chest cracked open and your heart diddled with tends to hurt.

I experienced some chest pains on Friday June 17th that got worse as the day wore on. I went to the Springdale ER and they ran some inconclusive tests on me. The ER doctor advised me to be admitted and a stress test was performed on Saturday the 18th. I failed that test, even though I experienced no pain during the test and underwent a heart cath on Sunday the 19th. That test indicated I had three major arteries that had 80% blockage. I was advised that I had to undergo open heart surgery which I did on June 22nd.

Good news is: I had no damage to the heart so after I undergo a very painful recovery I should feel better than I have in years.

Bad news is: I have no one that is able to watch the shop for me at the same pay rate as I have ( $0 ) for the approximately three months it will take for me to recover. ( I will require more time than your average patient because of my diabetes and other pre-existing complications ). There is no way I can cover the rent , utilities, inventory cost, as well as payroll for that period of time.

At this time it is time for me to say goodbye and good luck in all your gaming efforts. I appreciate all the support the people on this forum have given my shop over the years. I urge everyone to support your local gaming stores as much as possible.

Castle House Hobbies and Games is permanently closed for business.

Thank you all;

Chris Curlee CHG Manager
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://castlehousegames.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games is closed for business   29th June 2011, 11:05 am

Chris:

We appreciate all you have done for gaming in NWA for the past few years. Your health is definantly more important, though. I wish you a speedy and as close to pain free recovery as possible. Please don't be a stranger here on the boards!

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thehogsofwar.com
sithkhan
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games is closed for business   29th June 2011, 11:22 am

Chris -

I hope your recovery is quick and easy. Your shop will be missed!

Brad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games is closed for business   29th June 2011, 11:42 am

Chris,
We are certainly sad that Csstle House had to close its doors, but certainly understand you reasonings. I hope that your recovery goes well and expect to see you active in the gaming community again real soon. Let us know if there is anything that we can do for you.

Brian
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tshirtexplosion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games is closed for business   

Back to top Go down

Castle House Games is closed for business
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Top :: General Discussion-
Jump to: