HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

PostSubject: October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]    12th June 2011, 10:14 pm

So I put together a Beta for the end of the summer league campaign.

I'd love feedback. I really like the idea of doing a tourney to cap off the campaign, but I realize that i'm not the end all be all of WFB.

Link to the PDF is here

Again, questions/comments/critiques are all welcome.

Last edited by capnwoodrow on 15th June 2011, 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

PostSubject: Re: October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]    14th June 2011, 10:41 pm

So I see a lot of views, no comments (weird internet stalker). Does this mean that everyone finds the basic rules pack fairly good on paper? Or did people see a pdf downloand and shy away from the extra step?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets

PostSubject: Re: October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]    14th June 2011, 10:43 pm

Link not working for me. Goes to adfly, then nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

PostSubject: Re: October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]    14th June 2011, 10:44 pm

I think it puts a 5-second ad up that you have to wait for. i'll post the rules up here then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

PostSubject: Re: October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]    14th June 2011, 10:46 pm

October Tales

Oct. 15th 8a-6p
Format:
Army size: 2500
Rounds: 3 (2.5 hrs)

Essentials:
-We will use Warhammer Fantasy Battles 8th edition.
-Current army books will be allowed. The Dogs of War and Chaos Dwarfs are also eligible army books (pdf or Indy GT book).
-No special characters.
-To be eligible for Best General your army must be painted to a tabletop standard (3 colors, based, based movement trays). You will still be eligible for any other award (except, of course, Best Paint). You will be asked on check-in if you painted your own army. If you answer no, this will be the tiebreaker in the case for ties for Best General.
-Models must be modeled under WYSIWYG. No proxies may be used. Clearly defined and appropriately modeled counts-as may be used with TO permission.

If you have a question about any of these rules, please contact a TO prior to 9/16.

Scenarios:
-Modified BRB scenarios will be in play. Scenarios will be posted on the forums at www.thehogsofwar.com.

Schedule:
Registration
8:00a – 9:00a
Game One
9:00a – 11:30a
Lunch
11:30a – 12:30p
Game Two
12:30p – 3:00p
Game Three
3:15p – 5:45p

Scoring (put a little English on it):

Battle Points Earned
Victory Points
Winner-Loser

0 – 150
10-10

151 – 300
11-9

301 – 450
12-8

451 – 600
13-7

601 – 750
14-6

751 – 900
15-5

901 – 1050
16-4

1051 - 1200
17-3

1201 – 1350
18-2

1351 – 1500
19-1

1500+
20-0

Out of three games you can amass a total of 60 tournament points.

Sportsmanship & Composition:

After every game you will have a box to check whether or not you would play that player again. A “yes” response indicates that you felt he was friendly, knew the rules, was easy to reach agreements with in rules disputes, etc. If you feel he met some but not all of this criteria just vote on your overall indication. A vote of “no” indicates you would prefer to not play that player again based on rules disputes, lack of familiarity with the game, or general attitude.

Every player will start with a base sportsmanship of 5. The first sports vote you receive will not impact your score either negatively or positively. This means to get full points for the tournament you will be expected to act in a manner that encourages all of your opponents to want to play you again.

Number of Sportsmanship votes:
+/- 0

+/- 2

+/- 3
Note: Sportsmanship does not indicate that a player was 'beardy' or 'cheesy.' If you liked the guy standing across from you, but hated his army then sportsmanship is not the place to voice that concern.

Composition will be handled in a similar fashion. After each game you will be asked to mark whether or not you felt your opponent's army was fun to play against. If you mark “yes” then you would have no problem playing that list again. A vote for “no” means you feel the army was so far outside the power level that you expected that you would never want to see that list on a competitive tabletop. Again this is not your opponent, this is his collection of tiny plastic army men. Was the army fun, but challenging? Was it fluffy? Was it hard-edged, but still felt beatable if you'd just played turn three smarter?

Every player will start with a base composition score of 5. Composition will be handled in the same manner as sportsmanship.

Number of Composition votes:
+/- 0

+/- 2

+/- 3
Note: When judging composition of your opponent's army please keep in mind that you are attending an event with no force restrictions on the armies that are brought. If the TO receives a large number of negative composition votes then we will look at developing a comp packet for future events.

Sports & Comp reflect 20 points out of your overall score.

Painting:
I have created a simple ten point checklist to determine a 'tabletop ready' Fantasy army. Again, you are not required to have a fully painted army, however, you will be ineligible for Best Overall with no or unfinished paint jobs. The following checklist will be used:
Is the army painted with 3 colors?
Are command groups easily identifiable?
Are there painted/flocked movement trays to match?
Is the army based/flocked?
Are banners painted?
Are details (belts, shoes, etc) picked out?
Are unit fillers proper?*
Does the army have a cohesive theme?
Are there conversions?
Does every required unit have a movement tray?**

* A squig on a chariot base does not properly represent 10 orc boys in a unit. A unit filler should have as many models on it as it represents. For example, a dwarf warrior with a great weapon on the ground crouched behind 3 boxes would represent 5 dwarf warriors. If a unit filler is well converted and painted, this rule can be bent. Please ask the TO prior to the event if you are unsure if a filler would receive this point. If you have no unit fillers, you will receive this point.
** Ranked infantry and skirmishers must have movement trays.

Painting represents 20 points of your overall score.

Last edited by capnwoodrow on 15th June 2011, 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets

PostSubject: Re: October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]    14th June 2011, 11:04 pm

Everything looks good except the whole "movement tray for skirmishers". Getting a little picky. Not that my WoC will have any, but just saying. Little things like that should get bonus points, but not penalize anyone for not having it as they are not very useful in fantasy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

PostSubject: Re: October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]    14th June 2011, 11:11 pm

I was under the impression they needed them since the new edition. No worries. Easy enough to fix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange

PostSubject: Re: October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]    15th June 2011, 8:12 am

looks good to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]    15th June 2011, 9:06 am

I am with Bradford, everything looks great except for the movement trays for skirmishers. I know one person is playing wood elves in the campaign, and a unit of 16 Dyrads would be difficult to make a movement tray for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

PostSubject: Re: October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]    15th June 2011, 9:55 pm

Alrighty then. I'll go ahead and consider this the rules pack. If anyone else has any questions/concerns then feel free to voice them. I'll put scenarios up when I get to working on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]    15th June 2011, 10:17 pm

Let me know if you need help play testing the scenarios.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

PostSubject: Re: October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]    15th June 2011, 10:21 pm

Definite will do on that one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]    

Back to top Go down

October Tales - WFB Tourney rules [beta]
Page 1 of 1