Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flying Scenic Bases...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sgtwaldo
Flash Git with a Grill
Flash Git with a Grill
sgtwaldo

Flying Scenic Bases... Empty
PostSubject: Flying Scenic Bases...   Flying Scenic Bases... Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 11:01 pm

Ok, I have a WHFB Lord of Tzeentch on a Disk and I need a scenic flying base for it; however I have not been able to find one on ebay or on GW website. Is there any place to get them or do you have to make them using a small flying base cut and glued on a 50mm(?) base?
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Flying Scenic Bases...   Flying Scenic Bases... Icon_minitime7th May 2011, 1:39 am

What you want is a resin 30mm base. I ordered some a while back and they are the same size as the small flying base. Not sure what size the model you have is mounted on though.

GW won't have any scenic bases. I know that dragonforge has some, and I am pretty sure most of the other bigger resin base makers do as well.
Back to top Go down
sgtwaldo
Flash Git with a Grill
Flash Git with a Grill
sgtwaldo

PostSubject: Re: Flying Scenic Bases...   Flying Scenic Bases... Icon_minitime7th May 2011, 8:30 pm

Those bases are cool and all but I still need my disk to fly like so...

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1880036_Tzeentch_Disc_(XL_Image)

I guess I can just glue a small flying base onto a 30mm base or even better, and more support, I could drill a hole in the base and run the base through it and then glue it all together... Or I could just fire up the welder and fab something really badass for it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Flying Scenic Bases...   Flying Scenic Bases... Icon_minitime7th May 2011, 10:53 pm

Yeah, I ended up drilling a hole for the flight stand in the resin base. I swear I saw some form a company that already had the holes drilled but I can't remember where it was from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flying Scenic Bases...   Flying Scenic Bases... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flying Scenic Bases...
Page 1 of 1