Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Retooling the WAAAGH!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Retooling the WAAAGH! Empty
PostSubject: Retooling the WAAAGH!   Retooling the WAAAGH! Icon_minitime10th August 2009, 5:46 pm

So I was looking at my Ork list that I took to PG and realized - at it's core - it's the same basic Ork list i've been playing for over a year. I really like it, it does really well (unless I hit mech IG), but I feel like i'm just playing the same game over and over.

Part of me really wants to get my chaos up and going, but i don't know if I can tool out 1750 by the end of the month, so i'm looking at putting work into my orks to try and make them more competitive. That being said - i've played around and found this:

Unlimited Pts - Orks Roster

HQ: Warboss (1#, 120 pts)
1 Warboss @ 120 pts (Power Klaw; Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; Attack Squig; Bosspole; Cybork Body)

Elite: Kommandos (14#, 245 pts)
13 Kommandos @ 245 pts (Choppa & Slugga; Burna x2; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Infiltrate; Mob Rule; Move Through Cover; Waaagh!)
1 Boss Snikrot (Mork's Teeth; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Infiltrate; Mob Rule; Move Through Cover; Waaagh!)

Troops: Nobz (10#, 440 pts)
8 Nobz @ 440 pts (Count as Troop Troops; Big Choppa x3; Choppa x3; Power Klaw x2; Slugga x6; Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon x2; Feel No Pain; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; Bosspole x1; Cybork Body; Waaagh! Banner x1)
1 Painboy ('Urty Syringe; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; Cybork Body; Dok's Tools)
1 Battlewagon

Troops: Boyz (20#, 160 pts)
19 Boyz @ 160 pts (Choppa & Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)
1 Boyz Nob (Power Klaw; Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; Bosspole)

Heavy Support: Battlewagon (1#, 105 pts)
1 Battlewagon @ 105 pts (Big Shoota x1; Red Paint Job; Reinforced Ram)

Elite: Lootas (10#, 150 pts)
10 Lootas @ 150 pts (Defffguns; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)

Total Roster Cost: 1750

The general thought is to deploy at zone edge w/ the Wagons, move 13", weather fire, surviving wagons ram 13" the next turn - everyone piles out and has fun. The lootas would stay in the backfield and support, the kommandos would use ambush to push in from the opponents board edge.

Thoughts? C/C welcome.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Retooling the WAAAGH!   Retooling the WAAAGH! Icon_minitime10th August 2009, 6:02 pm

I think you need a Big Mek badly for KFF, and that an opponent in a Land Raider (or 3) will hurt lots.

Other than that, good solid Ork army. Should do well against shooty armies and struggle against Mech.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Retooling the WAAAGH!   Retooling the WAAAGH! Icon_minitime13th August 2009, 10:12 pm

I like this list. This may come as a bit of a surprise, but I am a fan of vehicles in 40k affraid

I think this list would give my guard more of a hard time, because it would be very difficult for me to eliminate things before others got to me. With this list I would be force to try to use a denied flank formation hoping you would scatter out across the board. As far as anti tank goes, your rams are good, but the orc power claw in hth is the best anti tank that orcs have got.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retooling the WAAAGH!   Retooling the WAAAGH! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retooling the WAAAGH!
Page 1 of 1