Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jesters WFRP

Go down 
+6
Sweet E
Cpt_Tiberius
Haren
bdix
big_d
Wildeyedjester
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 10:04 am

Is there like a shadow warrior guy?
Again no idea what im doing so... yeah
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 10:57 am

Sweet E wrote:
@gamewizard

That isn't my nature, as I usually play characters that are strong from the get go. So I was really just warning everyone that I would be playing my usual combat monster.

Yeah right. YEAAAAAAAAAAAH RIGHT.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 11:14 am

MonkeyMan wrote:
Is there like a shadow warrior guy?
Again no idea what im doing so... yeah

This is a weekly roleplaying game in centerton from 6pm to 11 or midnight over the course of the summer. It means attendance mostly each week. While you are welcome to attend is that something you can commit to? A ride to and from centerton each week?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 11:52 am

I can go to and from centerton every week and i can make it everyday(unless something happens)
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 12:32 pm

If that is the case, then the elf is yours. There are numerous routes to make a shadow warrior type character. I don't have the rulebook with me today, but I will let you know this evening what can be played.

My other recommendation would be to either pick up a copy of the book on amazon or buy a pdf copy as Haren stated so you can read it and familiarize yourself with the rules and the way things are played.... particularly if you have never played in a roleplaying game before.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 12:38 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
If that is the case, then the elf is yours. There are numerous routes to make a shadow warrior type character. I don't have the rulebook with me today, but I will let you know this evening what can be played.

My other recommendation would be to either pick up a copy of the book on amazon or buy a pdf copy as Haren stated so you can read it and familiarize yourself with the rules and the way things are played.... particularly if you have never played in a roleplaying game before.

Cool GO ELVES!

I think i will buy the book or the pdf like you said so i can get familiar with the rules, because i have never played a roleplaying game before
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 12:44 pm

Also with the shadow warrior kind of guy, is there a way to get a pet? Embarassed
I love animals and in WOW and WAR you can get pets with a hunter person, just thought i would ask Cool
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 12:53 pm

MonkeyMan wrote:
Also with the shadow warrior kind of guy, is there a way to get a pet? Embarassed
I love animals and in WOW and WAR you can get pets with a hunter person, just thought i would ask Cool

Not to start the game with, but such things can be earned or gained through your actions and roleplay within the campaign. For example, if one were to find, capture and train a gryphon cub - over the course of a campaign it very well could turn into a trusted ally if treated well. Also if you survived the initial encounter with its momma, of course.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 1:37 pm

Cool i will probably try something like that in the game
When would we like do the character building and stuff like that
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 4:04 pm

Monkeyman:

For the character you want I recommend starting a kithband fighter. Its an elf only ranger class. Then with enoughe experience move into the advanced career of scout. Then the advanced career of ghost strider, which is the shadow warrior type pc you requested.

Bdix and monkeyman: dont derail this thread or your characters will begin the game with the nurgleish squats.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 7:06 pm

K, I have never played before so starting out that way sounds good
But other than the scout/shadow warrior guy what are the normal classes(Mage, Warrior, Etc...)
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 8:00 pm

bdix wrote:
Sweet E wrote:
@gamewizard

That isn't my nature, as I usually play characters that are strong from the get go. So I was really just warning everyone that I would be playing my usual combat monster.

Yeah right. YEAAAAAAAAAAAH RIGHT.

I meant that I would not be playing a combat monster. The time change is taking a mental toll on me.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime22nd May 2011, 9:26 pm

For 1/3 of the bonus moveup, for those who have characters

Part 1 of 3:

Describe your character. Focus on looks, clothing, mannerisms, habits and the like.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Nick the Barber   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime17th June 2011, 10:14 am

nick the barber is a horribly short and fat sadistic ball of halfling hate. Nick is a mass murdere who is responsible for the deaths of at least 16 men. Or so he says.

The truth is Nick is out of his element and is trying to cope. He was raised in a poor community that was rife with nasty hair and tooth decay. His small hands and chatty nature quickly led him tothe field or barbery. Nick had a pretty good run of it until a knight and squire passed through the town. The squire had a toothache and nick set to work on it. Unfortunately for the squire and nick Morrslieb was waning in the sky and something dark took root in the young boys jaw.

Over the next few days the boy grew feverish and his jaw began to swell. On the seventh day the boy was found wandering the streets covered I gore. It appeared that during the night the infection 'popped' and his jaw fell off.

Nick didn't wait around once he heard the news. He packed his bags and headed south. Sadly he didn't make it far before he was rounded up and pressed into labour with a group of criminals for his alleged crimes.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Session one    Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime17th June 2011, 10:34 am

I had lost hope and accepted my death. The only question was wether I would starve to death or if I would be eaten by the criminals I was chained to. We had been abandoned on a dock for longer than we could remember and we were getting desperate. Just as I was about to throw myself in the water and get it over with hope arrived.

A pock marked oaf wandered upon us. He seemed interested in us but was reluctant to approach. I charmed him with my halfling ways and he wandered closer to us. He babbled incoherently for a while and then wandered off. Hope was lost.

Some time later he returned with a woman. They were a stark contrast. She agreed to set us free if we would work for her. We all gladly agreed not wanting to starve. We followed her quickly back to her home. Once there she started talking about what we would be doing for her but I didn't pay too much attention - I had found some onion and ham and was making soup.

Once the soup was done we ate. It was good soup. I gathered from her talking that she wanted us to find a missing child - who is definitely not a halfling. She gave us a few leads and we headed out.

Our first stop was an inn. It was marvelous. I helped the inn keep cook eggs. Then the criminals I was with attacked the gentle shop keep. It was a very bloody and short exchange that left one of our members needing medical attention. After the eggs were done I sewed him up and wenheaded for an alley.

We found a small child - again not a halfling - but it wasn't the right halfling. We were then attacked by a group of gang members calling themselves the hounds teeth or something just as ridiculous. I killed a man in the alley. I used my cleaver and I cut him I the chest and he died. We found a few clues and arrows on with our investigation.

We ended up at an orphanage of shallya. All the people inside had been poisoned. There was nothing I could do so the dwarf stabbed then all in the throat to put them out of their misery. We found one survivor. She showed us where the missing boy was kept. She quickly grew distrustful of us and fled the orphanage. She died in the courtyard when more hounds showed up. They killed her with axes.

My criminal companions and I set upon the gang members and killed all but one. I then tortured him until he told us what we wanted. I cut off his eyelids.

From here we headed to the sewers. It was horrible. Tree were mutants, monsters, and chaos worshippers. After nearly dieing a dozen times we learned what hat happened to the boy - he had been kidnapped by cultures and was being taken to altdorf.

We relayed this to our lady rescuer and now we are to head after him and ensure his safety.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime17th June 2011, 11:05 am

Born to a very poor family in Reikland, Henz has had to beg barrow and steal his entire life just to survive. By the time he was in his 7th year, he had discovered he had a way with people that he could talk them out of just about anything that he really wanted. On his 12th year he moved on from Reikland to try for bigger purses in the city's of the empire.

Coming from a poor family, Henz has always despised the dress of the commoner. He tends to dress himself in fine clothing from around the empire. While not the silks of nobles, he wouldn't be caught in a woolen outfit. Even when he "dresses down", Henz tends to still favor linen cuts, over the garb of common.

When in a crowd, Henz tends to stand in the rear and keep an watchful eye on any and everyone in the room. He enjoys gambling, though he's not very good at it. He even has a habit of tossing a copper coin in the air and catching it when bored. He unconsciously rubs the side of his nose when confronted.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime21st June 2011, 10:00 am

Yanni, son of Tauris, is an older man from Middenheim. He sports a long white beard and long white hair he often keeps in a pony tail, though he is balding on top. He wears white <read: filthy white> robes and often adorns a floppy white hat. His eyes are a disconcerting red and milky white, but his heart is pure gold.

He loves women and children, and doesn't like seeing any harm come to either. He carries very few items with him, as he's always found that's the path to getting robbed in Middenheim. He carries several books and other trinkets in a small backpack pack. These trinkets include darts, pigeon feathers, and a small bell. He has a quarterstaff/cane that he hand carved to help get himself around with and beat off assailants if necessary.

Though aging, he always finds a way to get by in a tight situation. He has a gift that not many posess, and that is the gift of being able to feel the winds of magic. Though he has no formal training, he has always hoped the opportunity would arise to learn more about magic, though it is frowned upon in many circles. He see's the good it could bring Middenheim and surrounding areas.

Recently, Yanni was milling about Middenheim trying to find an odd job to get his next meal from when he was mistaken for a criminal. Not wishing to get violent with the guards, he tried to reason with them about how he was not the man they were looking for. Unforetunately, they were not men of reason and conked him over the head. When he awoke, he had been chained up to a group of criminals.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime21st June 2011, 10:34 am

From the Journal of Yanni, Son of Tauris

I awoke, chained to criminals, abandoned on a dock. Was there a good soul among these men? Surrounded by serial killers and thugs, things were looking bleak. I knew things would turn around though, they always do. All we needed was a friendly face to come help us and that's exactly what happened.

I saw a large man coming towards the dock. I yelled at him but he ignored me to go check out our belongings. I yelled again and he came to check on us. Though he didn't immediately spring into action, I knew he was a good soul and would help us.

Awhile later he returned with a beautiful woman. She wanted us to help her in exchange for our help, so we agreed. This was the beginning of a journey that would take us all through Middenheim. We immediately retrieved our belongings and headed to her residence. My small bell was missing from my satchel, but that was the least of my worries.

Middenheim was empty as we moved through town. This worried me greatly. I feared everyone was dead, and began to really wonder how long we had been on that dock. Once we made it to her home, she began to explain the job. It was a bit of research and recon. There had been a boy rise to great power while we were abandoned. Everything wasn't adding up about the details of the men involved though.

Recently, a church had been burned down and a man connected with this group had committed suicide in an alley...... or did he. We decided to investigate the alleged suicide, which began at his last whereabouts, The Pig and Thistle. We learned a great deal while at this establishment. Several of the criminals in the group started fights, while Nick cooked everyone breakfast and I made love with a woman. Despite these distractions, we learned more about the happening around town and the location of the alley.

In the alley, we found an orphan who was of great help. He had stripped the man's possessions including some very important clues. We also met Joseph Peaks, a peddler of the boy god, Karl's, possessions. Several interesting items were reviewed from him, several were purchased. We were then attacked by a gang known as the hounds. I may have caused this by mentioning we were part of an investigation..... live and learn. The criminals were adept fighters and dispatched the hounds. I felt good in there company at this point.

The orphan boy's clues led us to the Orphanage of Shallya. Everyone but one young girl here had been poisoned. I consoled her and had her show us all about Karl, she became distrustful of the group and when Nick made a mistake and let her see a dead woman, she ran to her death at the hand of the hounds. We again fought the hounds, this time taking one alive. Nick went crazy and cut off his eyelid. I could feel his passion for helping people, but felt he may have taken that slightly too far. It was a desperate situation though. Peoples lives were at stake.

We went to the sewers to try and save the life of Bear. The sewers were a terrible place. There were mutated creatures, and everyone was out of there mind. Unforetunately, Bear was not worth saving, but we learned a few crucial details from him before dispatching him. At the end of all this we now knew that the boy had been kidknapped by cultist and was being taken to Altdorf to become king.

We gave this information to our beautiful boss, who then asked us to go see Karl to safety. I'm interested in this Karl boy, so I gladly accepted.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime21st June 2011, 4:43 pm

Snorri is a dwarf from Karak-Kadrin. He is of medium height for a dwarf, 4'7, and of a thinner build than most. He is 90 years young, which is close to mid 30s for humans. His hair is light brown and he has a pony tail that goes down to his knees and a huge thick beard He was born with purple eyes and a huge nose. As a boy, he was mocked as being malnourished and stupid looking. This drove him to move to the outskirts of the land, where he became a miner. One day while mining, he hit a vein of compressed gas. The explosion caused the shaft to crumble all around him. For days he was trapped in the rubble. Just when he had begun to make peace with his life, a light shone from above. A group of merchants had been on route to Karak-Kadrin when they heard his cries. As they pulled him out, they began to hysterically laugh. He had lost his eyebrows in the explosion. When he returned to Kadrin, he decided he needed a change of scenery. He headed toward the Empire lands.

Back in Kadrin, he had been trained in the usage of sword and shield. This put him at a huge advantage in terms of finding protection work. Upon arrival, he quickly found work as a guard for a local monastery. The pay was awful, but the work was good. He spent most of his days sitting and half sleeping. He made little conversation with anyone, as he had nothing to say. One day a hooded man came by. He asked Snorri if he would like to make some serious money. When Snorri disregarded the man, he replied back "You could have magical eye brows put on". The thought of returning to his homeland without the shame of his hideous looks was enough. The man told Snorri to meet him down at the docks at midnight.

He explained that they would be kidnapping the mayor's daughter for ransom. Snorri's job was to grab her and hold on tight, while the other two men cleared the area with stealth. They made it into the Mayor's home with little effort. As they entered the girl's room, a magical blast went off, killing the hooded man and his friend. Snorri
attempted to flee toward the door, but was pinned to the ground by a magical spell. The mayor had him thrown in prison, presumably to die. The prison sent him out to do labor at the docks, where he was left for dead.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime22nd June 2011, 4:20 pm

The Empire is ill. The oozing pustules of Chaos gnaw at its root. The weak-willed among the populous are susceptible to its influence, and to my eyes, the majority of my fellow citizens seem anything but strong of mind. It is my duty, and that of all the truly faithful, to root out this canker, armed with hammer, flame, and faith. Those who seek to destroy our way of life must perish as must those who unwittingly aid them. Ignorance is no excuse.

Arm yourself my brethren! There no half-measures, and you are either a warrior of Sigmar's glory or a cancer we must excise.

May the light of Sigmar guide you!
May the will of Sigmar shield you!
May the wrath of Sigmar fan the flames of your faith!

Brother Ignatius von Mokrun
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th June 2011, 9:59 am

We left for Altdorf as soon as we could. We were to track 'the boy' and ensure his safety. We set out and follwed the trail of destruction the boy left in his wake. Everywhere we followed the earth was upturned and the earth stripped.

We followed the destruction for a few days before we came to some horrible woods. In these horrible woods we found some horrible men who kidnapped us. They threatened to shoot us to death with arrows unless we played along in some comical farce to improve the mood of one of their members. We played around for a while but it grew ever tiring listening to the pathetic mans whining and malaise. Eventually he confessed to having congress with a sheep and we all had a good laugh out of it.

We eventually made it to their horrible little town and they took us in front of the Seneschal. For some reason we were suspected as being criminals and had to wait for them to sort out if we were or not. In the mean time in order to clear our names we could do some work for them. Also, if we tried to leave we would be killed. This all ended up sounding like some kind of elaborate plot to get some free work out of us.

The job we were tasked with was easy enough - some peasant had gotten their chicken stolen. This peasant turned out to be a monster of a woman - she was about seven feet high and as thick as a they come. Someone had stolen her chicken and we had to find out who.

We started searching and questioning people around town - all of whom were just terrible to me - and we eventually found some crazy old man. He had a piece of cloth that we needed - we had found scraps of it on his fence and wanted the rest. He wouldn't give it to us. I told the dwarf to break his legs and take it from him but he just wouldn't listen. It would have saved us a lot of time. Instead we had to go buy a frog pie and bring it back. This just took far too long for my tastes so when we were done and had what we wanted I pushed the old man into the dirt to teach him a lesson.

Once we had the cloth we had a local sage start doing research to find out about the heraldry on it. While he was doing that we investigated a local suicide that turned out to be a murder. Through out all this we started to uncover a sinister blood cult.

We found some more information about the heraldry as well as a few more leads on the chicken/murder/blood cult and took our findings to the sage. He was able to find the family and fill us in on it's gory details - apparently the family was suspected of being turned to vampires.

After interrogating several more people around town all of the clues started to gel into place - it appeared that the local lords younger brother was setting him up as the leader of a blood cult. Just before we could delve any deeper into this mystery the younger brother confronted us. He was a horrible man and slapped me every time I tried to talk. He told us he had found a vampire and was going to feed his brother to the vampire. This just seemed stupid to me - why go to all that trouble when you could just stab him to death and throw him in a ditch. Oh well, nobles always have confused me.

He had then decided that he didn't want his brother to be eaten, or maybe he did want him eaten - it was all very confusing. All I know is that the rest of the group wanted to get kill the vampire or save the brother or something. I just wanted to cut open this tawdry lord who kept hitting me but no one would help me.

Anyway, we traveled to some horrible dark cave and fought a bunch of vampires and found the body of the lord. This was all just fine with me as it meant we could now leave this horrible little town and get on with finding the boy.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th June 2011, 2:14 pm

The road to Altdorf was littered with trash and muck. A long scar followed the path of the boy Karl, as well as chaos in the minds of the people. Fights had been erupting for weeks within the local villages.

As we approached one of these small villages, we heard noises from the surrounding woods. A man named Shade approached us and told us to put our weapons down. He warned of 30 men armed with bows in the woods. He told us of his nephew, of whom had a bad case of the melancholy. We agreed to let him take us in.

We were taken to the Seneschal. Another dwarf were there. I wanted to smash his face in. They told us we had a couple days until our papers cleared, so they gave us a job to catch a lost chicken. I thought the job was pretty stupid, so I left most of the work to the humans. I did get in man's face during the investigation, after heavily drinking.

We went to a large women's house. She didn't like dwarfs. After looking around the place, we decided to check the old man down the road's house. He showed us a piece of heraldry that we suspected was from the perpetrator. We followed the lead to the bar. From here, things got a little bleary.

The halfling bought all the ale from the bar, from which we drank heavily. We gambled for a while, and the two magic users talked to some locals.

We were able to gather that the local government had a lot to do with it. The younger brother wanted the throne. He set him up to be eaten by a vampire. The younger brother approached us and wanted us to go slay the vampire with him. We agreed and followed him into a dark cave. It reminded me of home.

When we entered, we saw the vampire loaming over what we believed to be the older brother's body. I charged in to engage the vampire, but the miner got there first. He was struck down quickly, deterring me from a further advance. As the fight went on, ghouls approached to block us in. The seaman fought them off valiantly. Another group of vampires flew in and started attacking the first vampire. They struck him down, and began to fly off with him body. We managed to down 3 of them before they left the cave.

I don't know what all this has to do with the boy, but I don't like it.

Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th June 2011, 11:39 pm

After getting everyone healed up physically, and somewhat mentally, our group of travelers headed towards Altdorf to catch up with Karl and make sure he made it there safely. I was sad to leave my home town of Mittenburg, but know good things are always on the horizon. Maybe I can even impress the right people around Karl to get myself some training from the White Wizards.

Once we left town, it became obvious that this would be an easy trail to follow. Day by day, I could see the camp sites growing as people flocked towards Karl's crusade. It appeared we should easily be able to catch them. Reports were that they were a week ahead of us, but moving quite slowly. Unforetunately, it just seemed that it would be that easy. We were ambushed in the woods by Shade, who insisted that we were wanted men dispite the paperwork that cleared our names. With his men, he escorted us to the village of Fifledorf while we humored his companion by letting him believe that he tooks us in. This companion seemed like a disturbed man, but a good soul dispite his bestiality problem.

Upon arrival to Fifledorf, we were escorted to the Seneschal. While our paperwork was checked out, we were given the option to be in the stocks or help get to the bottom of Gertrud's missing chicken. Facing the stocks, death, or find a chicken, we opted for the latter. Accompanied by Dwally, a mean spirited dwarf, we began the investigation.

Upon meeting Gertrud it was apparent why we had been dispatched for this task; she was a big, mean lady. She had a missing chicken and we were going to find it though. We found a whole in the cage and followed a trail from that cage to old man Issac's field. There we found some strange and ancient heraldry of a wolf on a purple background. Bargining it out of the old man was difficult, but with some frog pie we prevailed.

With the heraldry in hand, we took it to Gepheart a learned man that was retired from Altdorf. We asked him to identify the heraldry and he set upon it immediately. He had a fantastic library that I would much like to come back and visit in my free time. Maybe on the way back from Altdorf I'll stop by for a few days.

We continued to find clues. They were leading us away from a simple chicken snatching though. We found the heraldry to be that of the Holenbach's. A family that had long ago been burned, with only a vampire suspected to be remaining. Details were also emerging about some kind of Blood Cult. This was all very unsettling, but had to be dealt with.

Once all the details came together, we discovered the younger of the two lords of the realm was trying to kill his older, meaner brother. At the brink of exhaustion, we retired in a home that had been desserted. Lucas Vonstein, the younger brother, quickly located us during the night as the Reave informed him of the details we had learned. Lucas confessed to setting this all in motion, but did it with only the best intent. His fater was on his death bed and his brother would be a terrible ruler. So he had enlisted the Holenbach vampire to kill him.

Gasp, conspiring with a vampire. While for good reasons, this vampire had to be dispatched. We rushed there with Lucas to try and save his brother and kill the vampire. Upon arrival, things got crazy. We charged in and began to fight, but more vampires began to appear. These vampires didn't like the original vampire, but didn't much care for us either. Things got rough when the miner was immediately knocked unconscious and Heinz was flung into a wall.

The magic began to flow from me at this point. I was throwing my magic pain at these vampires and it seemed to be working. While our tough fighters beat on them, I was able to shoot in the killing blows. Sigmar's blessing was upon us, while weren't able to dispatch all of the vamp's, we killed several and ran the others off. Lucas was greatful for our assistance in such a trying time. He offered to flee, but it was still his land to rule. He had claim to nobility, and seemed to be fair and just ruler. Hopefully, he will remember my valour in combat and wit in tracking him down. He would be an excellent reference for the White Wizards. Confirmation of my vampire kills couldn't hurt my standing, if anything it should be some real bonus points.

Anyways, we are done in Fifledorf and back on track trying to catch the crusade. I hope Karl is still ok.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 12:56 am

Oh Holy Sigmar, please turn your most highly ear toward your supplicant and hear of my trials and tribulations!

I set off after the boy as I was instructed to do so. The validity of his claims must be assessed, and when he is found to be a fraud, those responsible must pay. I came upon a mad halfling and assumed that he could lead me after this equally mad pilgrimage. We soon came upon his companions, an ill-begotten lot if ever there was one. Despite their appearance, I decided to travel with the group. None seemed to be corrupted.

We were soon accosted by a large number of armed men, and I discovered that my traveling companions were nothing more than criminals. I must admit that I was less than shocked. We were soon railroaded into the town of Fiefeldorf and pressed into the service of the local Seneschal.

Essentially, my companions (with whom I had unfortunately been lumped) were required to solve a pittance of a mystery as the Seneschal checked their "papers." After a significant amount of running around, which included a meeting with a very interesting scholar, we came to learn that the younger brother of the local royal had sought to paint his older brother as a Chaos worshipper in order to take his place. He had also managed to subjugate a vampire, to whom he had fed his brother. I cared little for the noble because all of the information I had gathered about the men led me to believe that he was an insipid sadist. The vampire, however, needed to be dealt with. In all honesty, we were foolhardy to believe we could handle the beast. He put down one of our number with a single stroke of his blade. Strangely, he was attacked by an entire group of vampires. We quickly found ourselves at a distinct disadvantage. We were able to dispatch three of the beasts and escape with our lives.

Now we are back on our path toward the boy and his parade of fools.

Holy Sigmar, thank you for listening to my ramblings and guide your servant as he does your work.

Amen
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th July 2011, 12:54 pm

After battling Vampires and solving the mystery of the large lady's chicken, we were granted the boon of a cart and allowed to go on our way. Having spent some time driving a cart in the past it was left to me to steer the ruddy thing through the woods and after the horde that were following the boy.

We followed them into some evil woods. I don't remember the name. Hornwood, darkwood, horndark, something like that. Soon after entering the woods we found some crazies crawling along on their hands and knees. They looked pretty banged up so the priest and I decided to stop and bandage them - it made for some good practice and we got to hear a bit about what they had seen.

We traveled on a short way after this and made camp for the night. Sadly we didn't get a good nights rest in as we were attacked by a giant boar. One of the rough and tough members of our troupe managed to kill the beast and I was ecstatic. It had been ages since I had eaten wild boar so I set about cutting it up to cook. Just as I was about to start a bunch of homeless vagrants descended upon us demanding that we give them back 'their' board. Since I was tired of killing for the day I talked them into letting me have a leg of the beast in exchange for their lives.

The next morning we set out for a road house in order to not be attacked by another boar. When we arrived it was obvious that the mass following the boy had been here. Everything was picked clean and everyone was gone. We set about making due with what we could when a rather troublsome guest arrived. Some big fat priest or something showed up and started making all kinds of demands. I cooked him some meat - cat or rat or something - and he had the nerve to complain about it. He was so furious that he had me thrown down a well. Well sot him I say.

Later we were attacked by some beastmen. We barely escaped with our lives, but due to my bravery and quick thinking everyone was able to get out alive - except for the fat mans guards. Also, the bird died. And a donkey. Our two horses also perished - but I wasn't in charge of any of that. Later some elves showed up and escorted us through the woods. It was pretty exciting.

Once out of the woods we arrived at our destination - the camp of Karl. It is an unsightly mass of filth and disorganization - I fear the worst will come from this but we must sally forth.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th July 2011, 12:28 pm

Oh Holy Sigmar, please hear my tale!

I have encountered the forces of Chaos, and I have failed. We left that accursed town, traveled through the Drakenwald, and been witness to the depredations of Beastmen. We sought shelter in a roadhouse along our way as we trailed the Boy's circus.
We found the place abandoned and picked clean. We were soon joined by a High Priest of Holy Sigmar. I have little patience for the majority of the upper Ecclesiarchy, and the fat, entitled Priest did nothing to change my mind. He was demanding, loud, and entitled. I paid the proper obeisances, knowing that not to do so would simply cause unnecessary problems.

Please do not doubt my faith in Sigmar, merely my faith in men. We are weak and vain, and the more powerful the man, the weaker the will.

We discovered an elf living in the ruined roadhouse, and I managed to spare his life, which the priest seemed determined to end despite no particular reason to do so.

That night, we were beset by mutants, who we dispatched. I put the leaders to the hammer, and tossed the pox riddled corpses over the wall. Then, a tribe of warped Beastmen came rushing out of the woods. They destroyed the remaining mutants and then turned their attentions to us. They scaled the walls, and we had it handled until another group arrived via a passage beneath the well. We were outmanned and forced to flee. We felt compelled to bring along the High Priest as well as his apprentice and the elf.

We managed to catch up with the Boy's rabble and proceeded to find out whatever information we could from the brainwashed masses. We have joined with a group of elves and seek to end the young man's life. I would have been trepidatious about doing so, but having witnessed his power, I see now that he must die before his poison is allowed to spread.

Your servant,

Brother Ignatius
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th July 2011, 11:09 pm

After cleaning up the mess in Fifledorf, we traveled through the Drakenwald. Along the trail, we heard of roadhouses to keep us safe, so we efforted making it to one of them after a wild night in the woods. We found the place abandoned. It appeared everyone had taken to the crusade with the boy. Shortly after we arrived a High Priest of Sigmar showed up with an entourage. They were quite the group. The high priest was large and in charge, commanding all of us to do his bidding. As I was carrying up his trunk, I became intrigued with what might be inside. When trying to check it out, something happened and I passed out, must have been some poison.

When I awoke from my poison induced rest, a fight was raging on below. Mutants and beastmen were everywhere. While terrified, I joined the fight. We had fought well, but things looked bleak when we discovered they had snuck in through the well, so we were going to have to leave that way. We shoved the high priest, his apprentice, and a random elf down the well with us to escape. We ran/walked as fast as possible to escape, accompanied by a group of elves.

The elves took us all the way to Karl's camp. There we were informed it was time to make a decision: With the elves against the boy, or with the High Priest in his invesigation of the boy. We chose to join the elves and begin our own investigation about how to get at the boy. This camp was wild and very difficult to find our way around. As we proceed the investigation, we must find a way to get in the boys inner circle to find his true intentions.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime27th July 2011, 12:37 am

I lost the group whilst I was out seeking a donkey merchant. I bought a donkey and named him Smangit. I rode hard to catch up with my party and found them haunched over a slaughtered boar. Me and the halfling stayed up while he prepared and cooked the meat. I fell asleep and he burned the meat beyond anything.

The next day we ventured upon an inn. It had been ransacked by the crusade, and so a couple of us went into the building to investigate. While me and the halfling were inside cooking a cat, a noise from outside caught my attention. A very fat priest and his entourage had arrived and were looking for a place to stay for the night. I was told to go inside and find him food. I was already in the back with the food anyway, so I went and passed the news to the halfling. Some time passed and we had not brought the priest his food, so his guard came to check on us. It was at this time that a dirty pointy fell out of the rafters. We tied him up, as all of them should be.

We all became alarmed when a commotion was heard from the front gate. A couple of us went and checked from atop the gate. A horde of beastmen appeared before us. They began bashing on the gate trying to get in. The holy man went back toward the inn to seek the help of the guards. We heard the sounds of combat from his direction. I followed the rogue by jumping onto our wagon and heading his way. By the time I got there, he had been downed by an incredibly large beastman who was obviously in charge. I engaged him, while the rest of the party drug off our injured back toward the well. I saw everyone, including the priest, jump down the well. I followed, and once we were down there we found an exit toward the woods.

During our escape, a group of elves attacked us. I tried my best to fend them off, but they abducted the party. They attempted to give us "healing" at their home, but I presumed it was poison.

The next day we caught up with the Crusade. We went into the town to investigate, and we given a choice to either help the elves or the priest.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime3rd August 2011, 1:48 pm

Oh holy Sigmar, please hear my prayer!

These are strange times indeed. I still believe in the righteousness of our plan to rid the world of the danger that Karl poses. His silver-tongued words could rip our nation apart and deny the glory of your true heir, Valten.

We had a plan to destroy the boy, but fate seemed to conspire against us. The Undead rose up and sought to steal the boy, to what end I do not know, but their attack interrupted our own. We fought off the beasts and then rode to the main camp. I was incapacitated when one of the monsters infected the horse I was riding, and I was thrown off violently.

What I learned afterwards was that another vampire (there do seem to be a lot of vampires) attacked Karl and his men but was fought off. After the battle, we found ourselves at the mercy of Karl's retinue. I believe several of the others fell under Karl's sway, and even I found myself tested.

I now believe that I should continue to investigate the goings on in the camp. There are clear signs of chaos taint, and I believe that if we can find the source of this taint we will be able to get close to Karl and discover his plans or the plans of those who seek to control him.

It seems likely that we are overmatched in this. The entirety of the world's nightmares seem bent against us. However, through courage and dauntless faith we shall overcome or die with hammer in-hand.

Amen
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime3rd August 2011, 2:20 pm

I was just about to give up. I was done with everything. I was going to run off into the woods and just hide and give up - things were just too hard and strange - I wanted no more part of it. Then I heard the boy speak and all was good again.

We had set out for the village trying to hunt the boy down to help the elves kill him - what a fool I was for agreeing to go along with this heretical plan. We had traveled amongst the people and were learning many things when an unfortunate encounter saw me unjustly punished. I was unmercifully whipped by Isenbach - the selfish leader of a group of knights. This whipping had left me changed and I was ready to flee from all this responsibility. My decision was furthered by the fact that more vampires and undead showed up - this was just getting ridiculous. More vampires? One encounter with the walking is enough for this lifetime.

Fortunately I saw the error of my ways when I encountered young Karl - he spoke to my very soul and I saw the truth - he IS Sigmar reborn. From that moment on I knew what must be done - I would spend all my might and energy furthering this cause.

We have sense been accepted in to the higher up ranks of the movement - we are just below Isenbach, Jan VanDePeer, Helmut, and Krieger. So far our suspicions have been confirmed that there is a Nurgle cultists amongst the camp sewing trouble - both VanDePeer and Helmut have come forth and asked us to root it out. So far we have not had much luck but I feel we are getting closer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jesters WFRP   Jesters WFRP - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jesters WFRP
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next