Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

demon pear

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

demon pear Empty
PostSubject: demon pear   demon pear Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 7:40 pm

So Dan was talking about making a Pear Demon Prince, based on my avatar. I'm not sure if he was kidding about this, but it definately got me thinking about making some pear demon gun drones. Any ideas on how to start this? I was thinking of finding some small scale pear from a decorating store and green stuffing it to fit around a gun drone.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

demon pear Empty
PostSubject: Re: demon pear   demon pear Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 8:28 pm

Like with any modeling project you'll want to visit hobby lobby and see if they do have anything close to a starting point. If so cool, if not then grab some non hardening modeling clay and a spool of thin hobby wire while your there.

If you happen to find a mini-pear the right size, then you can just sculpt the lips/teeth/tongue on, if not then the longer process of actual modeling:

I'd say start with a full size model (since a pear isn't that big), then step it down to green stuff when you have it where you want it to look like. It also gives you practice to do the big ones with modeling clay, instead of green stuff which is basically a one shot stuff.

If you have to build the body, start off by building a wire frame for the pear. This probably will be easy as it would be a single shaft through the body leaving enough wire hanging out of the bottom to use as a handle. you'll want to do a long piece of wire folded over 2-3 times and bound to make the "spine" of the pear.

Next start adding little bits of clay to the wire and molding it to a basic shape. No need to be perfect and actually too much is a good thing. As you finish the top of the pear then model the stem of the fruit. You'll be hiding the wire bend in this so the end can be a tad bigger than the base of the stem. Finish this step by smoothing the shape of the pear to make it actually look like a pear.

Next is the fun part, sculpting. If you have a sculpting set cool, if not get a straight pin, a #1 (I think) flat screw driver, and an xacto knife. Build up the spot where you want the lips to be a little with clay. The whole while making sure to leave the gap for the mouth beyond the teeth. After you have the rough outline of the lips start gently carving out the mouth using the knife, but don't go so far into the body that you hit your wire. Leave enough clay in the bottom and along the edge of your lips to sculpt the tongue and teeth.

Once you have the sculpt of your model done look it over and decide where you can speed up the process and do it again at 1/2 scale. This time notice the change of technices you have to use employ working on a smaller model. Keep making test models untill your happy, then try one at your desired scale. This one will be the final test you do, before going to the green.

Once you have your green master, and it's had a day to cure, then you can mold it, and cast as many repications as your heart desires. Best way to the model at this point is to use the 2 part model method I found on dakka a while back.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Simple%20Two-Piece%20Mold%20for%20Casting%20with%20Resin

Process 1 is faster, but process 2 will give you control over what the body and model will look like (oh and will probably take a month or two).
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

demon pear Empty
PostSubject: Re: demon pear   demon pear Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 9:10 pm

Someone should sticky this. Great tutorial there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

demon pear Empty
PostSubject: Re: demon pear   demon pear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

demon pear
Page 1 of 1