Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1 Billion plasma/melta guns!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

1 Billion plasma/melta guns! Empty
PostSubject: 1 Billion plasma/melta guns!   1 Billion plasma/melta guns! Icon_minitime20th March 2011, 9:39 pm

I've noticed that online a lot of hogs list have the henchmen with 4 or 5 special weapons. I'm 86% sure you can only have 3 special weapons on the warrior acolytes. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's legit. Just letting you guys know.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: 1 Billion plasma/melta guns!   1 Billion plasma/melta guns! Icon_minitime20th March 2011, 11:29 pm

You are absolutely correct. I would just take 2 normal acolytes for each chimera and spend 40 points somewhere. Maybe one jokaero for corteaz and his servitors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: 1 Billion plasma/melta guns!   1 Billion plasma/melta guns! Icon_minitime21st March 2011, 11:57 am

I think if you're going to take Jokaero, I would say 2 or nothing personally. Yeah, compared to the rest of the unit they're a bit stupid expensive, but 3 Warriors w/ Melta and 2 Jokaero is all your firepoints filled with special weapons fire. Also, this does 2 things for you as far as the customization roll. 1: it completely removes the chance of 'Yay, pretty weapons' & 2: gives you a 1/3 chance for 2 rolls.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: 1 Billion plasma/melta guns!   1 Billion plasma/melta guns! Icon_minitime21st March 2011, 2:03 pm

But then you would miss the option of pretty weapons! If I were a henchmen I would love to have a blinged out plasma gun!

In all seriousness though I think 1 jack would be good enough. 2 is 70 points and then all those super cheap units are no longer super cheap.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: 1 Billion plasma/melta guns!   1 Billion plasma/melta guns! Icon_minitime21st March 2011, 2:27 pm

He only said for Cochise and his unit, yeah for every unit adding 70 points per might be a bit nuts. Although, 24" melta guns and 36" multimeltas make me feel funny in funny places... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: 1 Billion plasma/melta guns!   1 Billion plasma/melta guns! Icon_minitime21st March 2011, 2:55 pm

I'm thinking more of rending flamers or 36" range for the master with always 4 shot psycannon now. I changed my list to represent. I don't like jokaero. But if I have extra points one won't kill me. They are priced too highly to take many of them - see my 345 post today Wink
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: 1 Billion plasma/melta guns!   1 Billion plasma/melta guns! Icon_minitime21st March 2011, 5:35 pm

HQ:
Coteaz – 100

Troops:
Strike Squad : Psycannon, w/ Razorback [AssCan, PsyBolt] – 195
3 Warriors w/ Razorback [Las/Plas] – 92

Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: 1 Billion plasma/melta guns!   1 Billion plasma/melta guns! Icon_minitime21st March 2011, 6:13 pm

Wow is that insanity actually legal?
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: 1 Billion plasma/melta guns!   1 Billion plasma/melta guns! Icon_minitime21st March 2011, 7:28 pm

This is a point of contention currently.

The exact rule Coteaz confers is "Inquisitorial Henchmen warbands are Troops choices in an army that includes Inquisitor Torquemada Coteaz, and are not limited by the number of Inquisitors in your army."

Where the issue comes into play is that under the Henchmen entry it says "For each Inquisitor in your army, you may include a unit of 3-12 henchmen, chosen in any combination from those shown. This unit does not use up a force organisation slot."

The first side of this argument reads Coteaz makes them troops, but the original rule makes them not take up Force Org. AKA unlimited (except by points) number of MSU Special Weapons teams in Razors/Chimeras.

The other side of that coin, and the side I'm leaning toward, is that since Coteaz makes them a "Troops choice" the Henchmen now use up a Force Org slot. Which means only 6 max units of them.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: 1 Billion plasma/melta guns!   1 Billion plasma/melta guns! Icon_minitime21st March 2011, 7:37 pm

No. It is not legal. No where does it say you may break force organization. Since they become troops you still only have 6 slots. So max of 6 henchman units.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: 1 Billion plasma/melta guns!   1 Billion plasma/melta guns! Icon_minitime21st March 2011, 7:57 pm

WHAT!? /frantically searches for a cancel button on 16-razorback order from Warpig

Just saw the list this morning on YTTH and laffoed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 Billion plasma/melta guns!   1 Billion plasma/melta guns! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1 Billion plasma/melta guns!
Page 1 of 1