Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tau this year?

Go down 
+3
littleboyblues
Wildeyedjester
bdix
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime14th March 2011, 3:02 pm

Please say this isn't so...I love my Tau, and don't think I could play another army, but at the same time I hate having to deal with everything that comes with new codices. For example, I bought the Dark Eldar when they came out because I thought they looked amazing. I'm just now getting to where I can play them because the "new" is starting to wear off finally with Grey Knights release.

Anyone know whos me knows my biggest pet peeve of playing 40k is having someone tell me how to play my army. With 50% of the community switching to Tau with its release, you better believe people are going to be questioning my list options... Right now, I could literally take any thing in the army and people would just be like "oh cool, I have no idea what that does...". I just want to live in the shadows of 40k alittle longer!

[/crying]
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime14th March 2011, 3:40 pm

Change is good, mkay?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime14th March 2011, 4:47 pm

I could tell you how to play your army? If you wanted... Wink New armies happen. It's honestly a good thing. I am kind of tired of seeing every new release though and all the local cats starting that army of proxying their army as that army. Just got roll with it. The new wears off.

All that said... When dark angels get redone I'll probably be at the game store with a check book and a boner. :p
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime14th March 2011, 6:47 pm

Look at it this way - at least people can't say "these blue marines are Tau."
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime14th March 2011, 6:52 pm

Valid points, all around. I'm just really set in my mediocre ways.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime14th March 2011, 8:06 pm

I've played against marine tau, marine ig, marine demons and marine X... Gray legion seems to be able to morph into about any army out there. scary really.

Also PM sent.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime14th March 2011, 8:29 pm

a rumor that I saw earlier on warseer was that the new dex will have Demiurg as a new troop choice.

I want my squats!!
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime14th March 2011, 8:39 pm

Yeah I saw that...the rumors look pretty sexy. I hope the new models are ugly though, dont want to be tempted to reinvest.
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime14th March 2011, 11:55 pm

As long as they don't make plastic Crisis suits that are cooler than your FW ones (or revise all of the weapon options to make your builds obsolete) you should be fine. Razz

Seriously though, I would like to see them get an update. I've never played them, so I can't honestly say whether the current 'dex is any good, but it would be nice to at least update all of the wargear and other options that can't be used in 5th. Also, I would like to see more alien options like the kroot and vespid. The multi-racial make up of the tau army is one of the things that makes it stand out from other armies, just need to build on that.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime15th March 2011, 1:31 am

They need to make it viable for kroot to actually take the 6+ save. They need to give Tau anti-psy, and they need to give us either 1) better BS 2) more speed to run away 3) better close combat/ability to resist close combat 4) all of the above
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime15th March 2011, 3:20 am

bdix wrote:
They need to make it viable for kroot to actually take the 6+ save. They need to give Tau anti-psy, and they need to give us either 1) better BS 2) more speed to run away 3) better close combat/ability to resist close combat 4) all of the above

I would bet very strongly on seeing none of these in a new Tau Book except maybe the 6+ AS. Although the 3+ cover is so easy to get and keep that it won't change much, especially since all flamers ignore 6+ AS any way. From my knowledge of Tau fluff, limited though it is, the main races of the Tau Empire are psy-inert. I'd expect a few special rules, flexible force org like all the other 5th Eds, and a lot of points changes. I'd count on a near complete overhaul on Marker-lights specifically. You'll definitely have a few brand new units, and they will look great. Just get yourself ready for the wallet-rape now, it will happen.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime15th March 2011, 1:43 pm

I'd imagine they would put some kind of psy like ability in the new codex. Otherwise, it would have the same problems that it faced going from 4th to 5th. I've heard rumor of some ethereals with some nasty abilities, which I think is the right way to go according to fluff. Right now, the ethereals are trash, but in all the background they are suppose to be scary as hell. So I would bet on an ethereal with some kind of "dark" power, not stemming from the traditional system.

I'd definitely bet on a marker light overhaul, particularly on who can take them and point cost. Probably in the base mechanics, too. My guess would be a weapon choice for battlesuits; meaning they could take like a plasma rifle and a markerlight, then like a multitracker or something. That is kind of the way that they are modeling the forgeworld stuff: You can actually model a markerlight as a weapon on them, and it makes a lot more sense. I could see the markerlight drones being a viable option.

Rail rifles (smaller railgun) are going to make a resurgence with the new codex I'd bet. They were awesome pre-5th edition, and I think it's something that makes the army special. This is just a guess: Same stat line, made into a rapid fire weapon. It would go with the mobile motif.

Vespids could be awesome. They have so much potential to be good, and with a few adjustments would be one of the best units in the army. With all the attention to things like the kroot codex they put out, I'd guess some massive kroot overhaul. I think they wont mess with the base units that much, but will give some of the cool special abilities that they have in the kroot codex, such as 4+ inv save on shaper.

Broadsides need to be left alone. So do Hammerheads. Make the Ionhead more viable, and give the skyray something worth taking. Maybe combine the two? That would be pretty awesome: The skyrays markerlight system with an ion cannon.

Here is something that wont happen, but I would REALLY enjoy. Give the battlesuits close combat weapons, such as a chainsword or something. Let them have the option of being nasty in cc. This wont happen, but the models would look sick.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime15th March 2011, 2:03 pm

I disagree. The broadsides need to get nerfed hard. I'm sorry a 75 point multi-wound twin-link railgun(Str 10 ap1) with a 2+ armor save is a tad tough to deal with. The Hammerhead is less scary because of the fact that it doesn't get the armor save, and it's a single shot so it's not going to hit every shot like the sides seem to be able to do. Raise their points value or give them a 3+ like the rest of the tau suits. oh and about their railgun, lower it from a 10, 1 to an 8, 2 so that the hammerhead has a better value for hard target cracking.

Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime15th March 2011, 3:37 pm

Probably, I'm speaking in terms of what I WANT and fluff. I know in the one black library book I read with tau, the railgun took down a space marine apoc piece in 2 or 3 shots...so maybe it should be MORE powerful! Muwahhahahahaha
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime15th March 2011, 6:04 pm

Wishlisting. No news here. Thread closed. Please read the sticky before posting in this for-...

/shakes head.

Sorry, forgot what forum I was modding for a second.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tau this year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau this year?   Tau this year? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tau this year?
Page 1 of 1