Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out

Go down 
+6
bdix
PhantomPhoenix
gamewizard
Cpt_Tiberius
Dannato
Wildeyedjester
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Empty
PostSubject: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime13th March 2011, 1:27 am

That's right. It is time to accept your space beating and It is time for an eight hour boardgame.

Friday, March 26th, at War Pig. Full expansion - so eight men playing. We will start at 6 and play until we finish or until 1AM, whichever comes first.

Bring Dinner, Snacks or whatever. The domination of space doesn't take breaks for you to go Subway.

Who's in?

1. Jester
2. Big D
3. Monkey
4. Sweet E
5. Cpt_Tiberius
6. Dannato
7. phantom phoenix
8. Bdix

Space Turtles FTW!

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 13th March 2011, 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime13th March 2011, 1:52 am

Definately in
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime13th March 2011, 1:53 pm

I'm excited! I downloaded the rules last night. Here's the link for anyone who might want to get them as well...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=21&esem=4

I want to play the Cat guys or the Humans if I can. They both look awesome on the box cover (which means they probably suck in game lol)
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime13th March 2011, 4:26 pm

None of the races are bad. You just have to play to their strengths.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime13th March 2011, 4:34 pm

I sure do love me some space goblins. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it out there this Friday...

Edit: lucky for me this is the Friday after /facepalm. Count me in as long as it's okay I show up at about 6:30. Work til 6...

Last edited by PhantomPhoenix on 13th March 2011, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime13th March 2011, 5:03 pm

I'm in...luckily this falls on my spring break
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime13th March 2011, 5:28 pm

And we're full! A great bunch of lambs for a space slaughter.

That's no problem, phantom, but your race will be picked (randomly) and the board might be built when you arrive.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime17th March 2011, 12:29 am

I just remembered that Eric betray my alliance last time we played this...old wounds run deep, Eric....
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime22nd March 2011, 8:15 pm

Everyone still good for Friday?

We will play with the distant suns mechanic. If you have not played before it's important to have read the rules, too, by the way!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime24th March 2011, 12:22 am

We are also playing with Schock Troops.

After discussing with folks tonight, we will minimize the war sun a bit in play. Embers of Muatt will not be in play (they start with a warsun, which while not overly powerful - it sucks for the two players who border them).

Also we will play the variant where fighters may be sent inside enemy warsun before ta battle on a suicide run. Your roll a die for each fighter sent in - on a 9 or 10 it lives and gets inside. Then each surviving fighter rolls a die. If one turns up a 10 the warsun is destroyed. Think the first death star.

Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime26th March 2011, 8:56 am

How'd it turn out?

Now to pick up this.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime26th March 2011, 9:35 am

Jeremy ended the game by claiming domination, and Will won with 11vp.

Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime26th March 2011, 10:45 am

Will, matt and myself all qualified to win on the same turn. Will and matt with victory point total, and me through domination. Since there was a tie on when the game was won, it went to whomever had the initiative card. So will's nazi space monkeys carried the day.

It was a lot of fun. 8 players was great and ensured that you really couldnt turtle. Dan provoked an intergalactic war and ended the game clinging to one rock, hiding anne frank style from wills monkeys. Blake survived the whole game despite half the galaxys races gunning for him from the get go. Sterling got pushed back to one planet after dan hired another race as his mercenaries. Eric, matt and andy got into a war sun arms race and that went south for all three of them. Will was the most unattacked overall and just eaked out the win.

When are we playing again?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime26th March 2011, 11:47 am

I'm in assuming no in laws in town. As an avid MOO fan, the game looked amazing. Can't wait to play sometime.
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime26th March 2011, 2:59 pm

I'm ready to play again whenever you are. I liked the game, even though I was knocked out of the running within the first 3 turns by Dan's sudden but inevitable treachery. I also didn't like the race I was playing, space snake flipper head people aren't my thing. I also think the going first every time can be detrimental as you have to make your move before you see what your opponents are up to.

The other thing that set me back was a lack of planets. The way the board laid out I was doomed from the start. Caught between Jeremy & Dan with only a small number of planets to fight over was a bad situation to begin with, then you add it the great wall of red tiles that kept Jeremy from going across the middle of the board. I was obviously the easy target.

On a side note, am I the only one who felt like jumping on the Xbox for some Mass Effect 2 when he got home?
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime26th March 2011, 3:20 pm

Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out 666b9a06

Bad galaxy is bad. Space ghetto FTL.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime26th March 2011, 4:07 pm

Back in my hood, we didnt take no sh*t from anyone!
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime26th March 2011, 8:47 pm

Man that was a lot of fun. It was the closest game we have played that I can remember. I don't actually remember a game that came down to having more than one person qualify for the win at once. I am STOKED about the new expansion. I didn't think we would ever see another one until TI 4th ed. We will definitely have to get a game in when that drops.
Back to top Go down
themcfadden
Blind Ratling Sniper
themcfadden

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime26th March 2011, 10:48 pm

I would LOVE to be in on the next one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetup.com/NWAGamers/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out   Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twilight Imperium - I'm calling you out
Page 1 of 1