Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

blending medium

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

blending medium Empty
PostSubject: blending medium   blending medium Icon_minitime19th February 2011, 8:12 pm

What ratio do you mix this when working with citadel paints? I want to try a wet blending technique
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

blending medium Empty
PostSubject: Re: blending medium   blending medium Icon_minitime19th February 2011, 9:17 pm

I use vallejo paints, GW foundations, and GW washes. I can't really help with wet blending as I don't use the technique but Jester should be able to tell you. In most cases painting is trial and error. Practice on random crap or plasticard if you don't have random AOBR marines laying around.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

blending medium Empty
PostSubject: Re: blending medium   blending medium Icon_minitime19th February 2011, 9:24 pm

Do you work with dry blending? Your stuff looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

blending medium Empty
PostSubject: Re: blending medium   blending medium Icon_minitime20th February 2011, 12:00 am

I use wet blending on the large flat areas of my elder. You want wetter paint... Milk consistency. You put the darker color from one end to the middle of the piece. Paint the lighter color on the other end to the mid point. Then mix the color on the model with a back and forth motion from one end to the other. Then go back down. Repeat several times for a smooth blend but Never lift your brush. The paint has to be wet enough for you to work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bdix
bdix

blending medium Empty
PostSubject: Re: blending medium   blending medium Icon_minitime20th February 2011, 1:13 am

so you dont even use a wet palette?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

blending medium Empty
PostSubject: Re: blending medium   blending medium Icon_minitime20th February 2011, 1:30 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

blending medium Empty
PostSubject: Re: blending medium   blending medium Icon_minitime20th February 2011, 2:26 am

wet pallets are mostly for layering. it's a way of allowing you to mix your paints and so you can build your 6-8 shades you'll need for the layers without having to worry about the paint drying out.

Layering and Wet-blending both have places where their better, but i'm not one to know what they are lol... i need to start practicing both.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

blending medium Empty
PostSubject: Re: blending medium   blending medium Icon_minitime20th February 2011, 8:12 am

On my more table top armies I just use washes and highlighting. On my better stuff I paint in glazes. Basically I start from the lightest color and then keep painting darker glazes down to the darkest area. A glaze is just getting your paint very thin almost watery and then get 95% of the paint off the brush. The brush should almost be a damp consistency and layer down. I'm painting in such watery/dry layers (i know that sounds like an oxymoron) you don't even have to hardly mix paints. Sometimes I can pick a light and dark color and by the time I do enough layers it produces a very even gradient.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

blending medium Empty
PostSubject: Re: blending medium   blending medium Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

blending medium
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Top :: Hobby :: Painting and Modeling-
Jump to: