Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blogger volunteers and schedule

Go down 
+11
Fletch
capnwoodrow
littleboyblues
Haren
Monkey
BIg Al
bdix
sirhelnor
Dannato
Sweet E
Wildeyedjester
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Blogger volunteers and schedule Empty
PostSubject: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime15th February 2011, 9:43 pm

As many of you know the blog has not been getting the attention in deserves. It averages several thousand hits a day even now but it needs love and attention. Rather than making this difficult I am asking for posting volunteers to make a regular once a week contribution. Post a picture, weekly work in progress, tactics, army list, critiques, game reviews, etc.

If you would be interested please let me know and a day you'd like to post. Will and I will give you the blogger info and it's painless.

Sunday: sweet e
Monday:wildeyedjester
Tuesday: big d
Wednesday: dannato
Thursday: capnwoodrow
Friday: bdix
Saturday: monkey
Big al
Guest authors:
Littleboyblues
Fletch
Sir helnor
Heren

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 18th February 2011, 2:24 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime15th February 2011, 9:52 pm

Dannato, bdix, littleboyblues, fletch, big al, haren? How about it? Anybody else? Bueller, bueller? Doesn't just have to be 40k. Any game or system.

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 15th February 2011, 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime15th February 2011, 10:48 pm

I need you or Big D to e-mail me the blogger info so I can do my part.

I'm also accepting subbimissions for the title line for my sunday blog series. It doesn't have a theme yet, so I could base the theme on the title.
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime15th February 2011, 10:58 pm

Sure, sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime15th February 2011, 11:16 pm

Sweet E wrote:
I need you or Big D to e-mail me the blogger info so I can do my part.

I'm also accepting subbimissions for the title line for my sunday blog series. It doesn't have a theme yet, so I could base the theme on the title.

How about 'forays into 40k?'
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime15th February 2011, 11:58 pm

i can't commit to a weekly contribution, but i can do the occasional guest spot if you like
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 12:39 am

Very cool, helnor. If you'll pm me your email I'll shoot you an invite. Post whenever you 'd like!
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 1:07 am

I'll take Friday...I wanted to do something like that for work in progress anyway, maybe throw some tau ideas in there
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 9:21 am

Sweet action. Pm me your email and I'll set you up. If you go to draft.blogger.com it will let you schedule date and time for the blog to post once it is written
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime17th February 2011, 9:23 pm

I would like to post something regular, but I have one problem. *sigh* Sadly, my motivation for 40k died last summer after Austin and has been since buried in a small shady corner section of my backyard. I frequently look toward the back door thinking that some day, some how, my motivation will rise again like the zombie apocalypse and want to be let back in. Nothing yet. I've had a couple games trying to revive it, but the magic is still gone. I bought some more GW stuff (thanks Will!) thinking fresh projects might revive it. Still cold and lifeless. I started playing a PS3 game my brother in law got me for Christmas. That definitely didn't revive it. Damn you, Demon's Souls!!!

I do like challenges though, so I would like to be put on the blogging schedule. Being faced with a regular blog might be what I need to get the ol'boy dug up and moving again.

Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime17th February 2011, 11:16 pm

Demon's Soul is probally the best game ever made. The sequel is suppose to be wicked. Sorry, off topic, but I love that game.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime17th February 2011, 11:21 pm

I was the same way, Alex. I forced myself to play in a couple of tournaments and that did it for me - but only recently.

I'm hoping the blogging will also renew interest for me.

Pick out any day you 'd like to post and just let me know!
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime17th February 2011, 11:45 pm

I had to start building a whole new army to find the motivation. The prospect of getting my Wolves out of their foam makes me a little nauseous, which is sad. I can hear their wimpering from the office, but I just can't bear to break them out. It's sad when one turns away from the warriors of the Emperor and throws one's lot in with demons.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime18th February 2011, 11:23 am

I know I couldn't generate enough content to build a weekly post, but I wouldn't mind posting when I do have something. A couple of examples would be day end summaries for Adepticon, or an occasional post about something that strikes me in the Warmachine / Hordes hobby.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime18th February 2011, 2:22 pm

Pm me your email haren and I'll set it up.

We would love you to guest post. You have the most experience with games like dystopian wars, malifaux and others. Feel free to review things as you go!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime23rd February 2011, 10:07 pm

Great job on the first full week of posts. What do you all think about the blog face lift?

Al, do you have a preferred day?

And... Pm sent to you littleboyblues
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime24th February 2011, 12:34 am

I like the change. The layout is a little cleaners so thats always a plus. Collapsed stories make the site a lot easier to navigate. The only things i'd change is killing the beta tab and recentering the logo at the top.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime24th February 2011, 12:59 am

I really like the new layout. The old one was kind of hard to read.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime24th February 2011, 9:31 pm

I won't commit to any days in particular but I'm sure I'll randomly show up posting 10 articles and then disappearing for a couple of weeks as usual.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime24th February 2011, 9:50 pm

"Im in ur blog. Im stealing ur posts."
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime24th February 2011, 10:07 pm

P.S. I guess speaking on Fletch's behalf. I don't think he'll have much time to contribute as hes getting married and all that silly stuff.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime24th February 2011, 10:12 pm

All I'm saying is you better not steal my thunder with all your beautiful models and what not... Mad
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime24th February 2011, 10:38 pm

I will try to post some. But yeah getting married and stuff.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime24th February 2011, 10:41 pm

I'm on kind of a painting hiatus right now. I've done nothing for myself after completing my dark elves. I do this every time I finish an army. I'm painting only commissions right now, which are generally painted to a lower standard than my personal armies. I'll take your comment as a complement though. And Final Fantasy Tactics for the play station one is the best game of all time.
Back to top Go down
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime24th February 2011, 10:46 pm

I know your just playing all dancers in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blogger volunteers and schedule   Blogger volunteers and schedule Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blogger volunteers and schedule
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next