Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rules for a morheim league

Go down 
+2
bdix
Wildeyedjester
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Rules for a morheim league Empty
PostSubject: Rules for a morheim league   Rules for a morheim league Icon_minitime7th December 2010, 6:12 pm

Warband Creation –
1) Choose any non-experimental warband you like from the following website:
http://www.mordheimer.com/

2) Generate a starting warband using standard rules from the rulebook.  You have 500 crowns to work with.

3) Generate a beginning territory for your warband by rolling d66 on the following table:  Do this with your opponent before your first game

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 12th December 2010, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Rules for a morheim league   Rules for a morheim league Icon_minitime7th December 2010, 6:12 pm

11-13 Poor Quarter – There is no advantage to owning this terrain feature

14-15 Commoner’s Quarter – There is no direct advantage to owning this terrain feature during the league, but at the end of the league, if controlled, it will add 4 to your warband rating for determining who plays in the final game

16 Wealthy Quarter – There is no direct advantage to owning this terrain feature during the league, but at the end of the league, if controlled, it will add 10 to your warband rating for determining who plays in the final game

21Church - sigmarite and witch hunters may hire heroes and henchmen for 2gc less.  Human war bands may hire clerics, wolf priests, and warrior priests at half price if they become available. Upkeep remains the same

22Graveyard - undead may hire undead models at a price of 2 crowns less. In post battle sequence any hero may dig up corpses.  Each digging may gain 2d6 -2 crowns instead of visiting anywhere else

23 Sewer section – Skaven warbands may hire warband members at a discount of 2 crowns off per henchman or hero.  Any warband controlling a sewer may choose to reroll any one die during the setup or deployment phase preceding a battle.  They must take the second roll

24 Tainted Well – Possessed Warbands may hire henchman and heroes at a discount of 2 crowns off per henchman if they control this area.  Additionally, if this territory is staked prior to a game played, its original owner may select one enemy hero at the start of the battle.  Roll a die for this hero and on a 6 that hero must miss the fight

25 Pub Remnants - Standard human warbands may hire henchman and heroesnat a discount of 2crowns off per henchman hired (Not including undead, possessed, sigmarites or witch hunter war bands

26 Intact Inn Ruins - All hired mercenaries have their upkeep reduced by 2 crowns

31Executioner’s Square – The gallows and chopping block here serve as a constant reminder to your warband.  You may take one extra casualty before being required to test for a route

32 Constabulary Gaol – If this territory is staked  before a battle, then the warband that claims this territory following a battle finds one additional item: roll 1d6:: 1:Mace, 2: Sword, 3: Spear, 4: Bow, 5: Halberd, 6: Helmet

33 Stone Circle – If this territory is staked before a battle, then all casting attempts for both sides during the battle gain +2 to the 2d6 roll to cast any spell

34 Inventors Workshop – If this territory is staked before a battle, then the warband that claims this territory following a battle,finds one additional item: roll one 1D6: 1-2 Lantern, 3: Halfling Cookbook, 4: Healing Herbs; 5: Tome of Magic; 6: Mordheim Map

35 Cartographers hovel - roll a die at the beginning of the post game sequence. On a 1 you may reroll one extra exploration die (max6) 2-5 no effect. On a 6 you may increase or decrease any one exploration die by a value of one after they are rolled

36 Abandoned tower - allows the war band the option to have the scenario type rerolled prior to the game

41 Smithy - if this territory is controlled you may add 2 to any rolls to find armor or weapons

42 Fletchers shop - gain +2 to any rolls to find missile weapons or ammunition

43Destroyed merchants wagon - you gain +1 to locate any rare items

44 burnt ruins - following each game gain one additional wyrdstone on the roll of 6+

45 Impact crater - following each game gain one additional wyrdstone on the roll of 5+

46 Food store - when selling wyrdstone you may deduct 2 from the number in your war band for purposes of determinig how much gold you get after feeding your war band

51Black Pit Settlement – Home to the mercenary and dog pits – a warband controlling this territory makes an additional 1d6 crowns following each battle

52Burnt Merchant’s District – You may subtract 2 crowns from any one ITEM purchase you make PER follow up phase following a battle.  You must still locate the item normally

53 Wizard’s mansion – You may reroll once, any time one of your casters is prompted to roll for spell selection or anytime you would select a new known spell

54 Abandoned parade ground - perfect for training. You may reroll an advance roll once per each post battle sequence following a game

55-56 Ambush alleys - when playing a war band with a higher rating, you may choose one of your heroes that gains a bonus experience point

61Hidden Escape Tunnels - Once per battle you may reroll any one leadership test you are called upon to make

62Ruined Clock Tower – Perfect for directing ambushes and planning battles.  Once during a battle, you may reroll any one roll to see if a single model (friendly or enemy) is put out of action

63 Raven Guard Barracks – Once per post battle sequence you may reroll any one roll on the experience increase table for a single hero.  The hero must gain the roll on the table normally through experience gains

64Surgeons office - once per post battle sequence you may reroll any one injury(but not death or captured

65 Apothecary - once per post battle sequence you may reroll one dice roll that results in a character death

66Undiscovered ruins - you may roll one extra dice during exploration. Remember the most dice that can be rolled is 6!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Rules for a morheim league   Rules for a morheim league Icon_minitime7th December 2010, 6:14 pm

Game Play –
Staking Territories:
b. Each player chooses one of the territories they control and stakes it for play.
c. One of the players will roll on the territory table for one additional territory.
d. Combined, this will give a total of three staked territories for the battle.

Deployment
a. Roll for Scenario or play a special weekly scenario if it is agreed upon by both players
b. Roll for Deployment

Play the Battle Out

Winning/Losing the Game
a. Winner of the game may choose two of the three staked territories they would like to add to their controlled territories.​ The loser gains the left over territory.
i. A warband may never control more than 8 territories
ii. If a warband controls more than 8 territories, they must discard one of their choice

Roll on the injury tables for henchmen and heroes requiring it

Gather Experience for henchmen and heroes who gained it 

Conduct Experience Move Ups for those who gained them

Roll on exploration chart

Sell wyrdstone (based on war band size table)

Check available veterans roll (to add to existing henchmen group)

Make rarity rolls and buy rare items

Dramatis persona are not allowed for the campaign

Hire new recruits and buy common items

Reallocate equipment

Update warband rating and post on hogs of war

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 7th December 2010, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Rules for a morheim league   Rules for a morheim league Icon_minitime7th December 2010, 6:15 pm

Critiques and corrections please

$5 entry fee toward all prize support

Any fantasy minis are okay. There's a war band for every race. If you want to use an experimental band just let me know.

Top 2 war band ratings at the end playoff for the prize.

I might post a fun scenario off and on

Probably 5-6 weeks of gaming

To begin at an agreed upon date.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Rules for a morheim league   Rules for a morheim league Icon_minitime8th December 2010, 4:45 pm

Ahhh..... The comforting sound of crickets.

This means it either looks good or not at all.

How many of you would play?
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Rules for a morheim league   Rules for a morheim league Icon_minitime8th December 2010, 6:02 pm

I am going to play. Just alittle overwhelmed by information right now. Give me a couple days to read everything I need to know.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Rules for a morheim league   Rules for a morheim league Icon_minitime8th December 2010, 9:26 pm

I'm in. I actually started working on my pirates last weekend. I also have an old Carnival of Chaos box and a Plague Cart that I have been holding onto for about ten years. Might be time to paint them up.

Also - if you are short a few models (or a whole warband) there are TONS of fantasy bits up at the shop. Pretty much every fantasy race is in there as well as tons of weapons - so if you are short or just wanting to look stop on by.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Rules for a morheim league   Rules for a morheim league Icon_minitime8th December 2010, 9:30 pm

I think i've still got some assembled clanrats around here.

Just need to get a hero and i'm good to go.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Rules for a morheim league   Rules for a morheim league Icon_minitime8th December 2010, 11:57 pm

I'm in. I'll figure out what warband I want to play this go round. When are you wanting to start?
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Rules for a morheim league   Rules for a morheim league Icon_minitime11th December 2010, 2:58 am

Count me in! I've been wanting to try Mordheim for years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules for a morheim league   Rules for a morheim league Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules for a morheim league
Page 1 of 1