Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rat Catcher Model

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Rat Catcher Model Empty
PostSubject: Rat Catcher Model   Rat Catcher Model Icon_minitime14th November 2010, 5:38 pm

I am looking for something that I can convert into a rat catcher for Malifaux. I am trying to find some kind of disheveled towns person or peasant. I haven't really been able to find anything that will work. I have started looking through the reaper range - they have a lot of odd stuff - and was just wondering if anyone knew of a model off hand that would work well.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Rat Catcher Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rat Catcher Model   Rat Catcher Model Icon_minitime15th November 2010, 12:05 am

I spotted this mini over at Wargames Foundry. The mini is a little old, but might be closer in scale to the Malifaux minis than a Reaper one.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Rat Catcher Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rat Catcher Model   Rat Catcher Model Icon_minitime15th November 2010, 12:08 am

Good catch!

I may have to snag one or two of these for my Hamelin crew when I get around to them.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Rat Catcher Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rat Catcher Model   Rat Catcher Model Icon_minitime15th November 2010, 12:22 am

I did a search on Rat catcher minis and other than doing some serious modding I think that is about it.

I saw a totally different subject talking about modding Warhammer plastic flagellants. They mentioned taking them and putting laspistols and rifles in their hands in order to make a set of traitor guard, but it would take a lot of money just to make a poor looking traitor guard.

I did think that it might be a lot of money for just one model but one of the flagellants could be turned into a real nasty looking ratcatcher with the right bits and green stuff.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Rat Catcher Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rat Catcher Model   Rat Catcher Model Icon_minitime15th November 2010, 12:20 pm

That is a good find. I have looked all over the place and that model never popped up. Now for the hard part - getting it here. The shipping from Foundry is crazy - it is $17 just starting out at one model. I was going to have to order three of those guys to make it worth while (three of em would be $17, I just can't bring myself to pay triple the price of an item on shipping and $34 for three models is a bit steep - especially for Malifaux!)

I am now looking around for a US supplier, but the ones I have found don't have this model. O cruel fate!
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Rat Catcher Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rat Catcher Model   Rat Catcher Model Icon_minitime15th November 2010, 2:28 pm

It might be worth it to buy the whole pack. There might be some other minis you could use.

Just a suggestion. I did a search for a US distributor of Wargames Foundry minis but wasn't able to find anything within my limited time to search.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Rat Catcher Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rat Catcher Model   Rat Catcher Model Icon_minitime15th November 2010, 2:29 pm

Oops, I didn't see the $78 price tag on the whole box.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rat Catcher Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rat Catcher Model   Rat Catcher Model Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rat Catcher Model
Page 1 of 1