Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sale at CHG

Go down 
+3
wargamer1972
bdix
gamewizard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 8:34 pm

It's that time of year and we are having a spooky 30% off sale on everything in the store. Everything is discounted including all Magic products. The sale will continue until I call it off.

This does not include any special orders.

Edit: This offer also does not include some items I have on consignment (several old D&D books, lots of bags of minis for sale in the case).

Come on in and get your deal today!

Last edited by gamewizard on 25th October 2010, 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 9:38 pm

woot! I cant believe you are going to make me come buy more board games....jk
Back to top Go down
wargamer1972
Wet behind the ears Guardsman Conscript
wargamer1972

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 10:17 pm

Awesome coolness!
Back to top Go down
http://wargamer1972.blogspot.com
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime27th October 2010, 10:24 pm

By special orders, do u mean the new dark eldar r not on sale when they come out, or my dad cant order a hydra for 30% off
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime27th October 2010, 10:40 pm

MonkeyMan wrote:
By special orders, do u mean the new dark eldar r not on sale when they come out, or my dad cant order a hydra for 30% off

You are correct.

Also; any special orders will now need to have a 50% down payment before purchase and they are not subject to any sale price.

The 50% down payment is a new requirement that is based on several hits I have taken for orders placed but never picked up. I am truly sorry to have to make this change.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime27th October 2010, 10:47 pm

gamewizard wrote:
The 50% down payment is a new requirement that is based on several hits I have taken for orders placed but never picked up. I am truly sorry to have to make this change.

That is a FANTASTIC change if it means less inventory tied up in stock. Holding something that you can't sell because someone has it on hold, but them never picking it up, is not fair to the local stores at all and only hurts the business(es).

I will be glad to put down a down payment on special orders. I'm looking forward to picking up my current order.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime27th October 2010, 11:14 pm

bsimon wrote:
Holding something that you can't sell because someone has it on hold, but them never picking it up, is not fair to the local stores at all and only hurts the business(es).

With that said, that does bring to mind another caveat: If after a certain amount of time has passed and you haven't picked your item up; it will go out on the shelves. I will only hold it for a limited time.

How limited? It depends on the customer's amount of communication with me. If I don't hear anything from a customer and 30 days has gone by I will set the item out on the shelf for others to peruse. If it sells and the customer comes back in; I will order it again if the second half of the 50% amount owed on the product is prepaid. If the product comes in and I don't see the customer after another 30 days goes by, then the product will again be put out on the shelf. Re-ordering it with me will take a come-in-and-see-me commitment where we will hammer out the communications problem. I am sure the second part will never happen but I need to make these changes. And I need to let everyone know about them before hand.

I will also only take special orders with a good email address attached. Phone numbers are no longer "good" since with an email communication both me and the customer have proof that I let them know their order was in. I hate to get all formal with everyone but that is how to conduct business in the modern age. Especially with the poor economy we have. I just can't afford to have $100's sitting on my shelf for weeks at a time waiting for someone to (hopefully) come in and pick up an item.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime27th October 2010, 11:15 pm

Just to be giving notice: Brent is certainly not one of my "problem" customers. He has always picked up what he has ordered. Which has been a lot, on occasion.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime10th November 2010, 3:43 pm

I failed to mention this sale was not very well attended and I canceled it on November 4th.

The 30% sale at Castle House Games is now over.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime10th November 2010, 3:55 pm

dangit i was just gonna got get a razordon
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime10th November 2010, 3:59 pm

MonkeyMan wrote:
dangit i was just gonna got get a razordon

Let that be a lesson here! Take advantage of sales, because they normally don't occur that often.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime10th November 2010, 5:21 pm

I also have a new policy on Special Orders at Castle House Games.

We will offer a 15% discount on all PREPAID IN FULL Special Orders. This is also the ONLY way we will be taking Special Orders.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime10th November 2010, 8:32 pm

So the policy is no longer 50%? It's just now prepaid in full at a 15% discount.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime10th November 2010, 8:35 pm

The item has to be paid up front before it will be ordered, but at the time of payment the customer will get a 15% discount off the MSRP.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime10th November 2010, 8:37 pm

Right.

So what I said?
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime10th November 2010, 9:22 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
Right.

So what I said?

You are, as always, completely and absolutely correct.

This will be my last post here. My mental capacity is just not equal to those who are in charge of these forums. I'd like to say it was good while it lasted but I hate lying.

Good luck to everyone and enjoy the hobby.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime10th November 2010, 10:28 pm

lol

I was just pointing out that what I said was accurate. I'm sorry if you feel this was a challenge to your mental abilities.

/hugggggs
Back to top Go down
Kragg
Ork Boy without teef
Ork Boy without teef
Kragg

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 1:15 am

gamewizard wrote:
This will be my last post here. My mental capacity is just not equal to those who are in charge of these forums. I'd like to say it was good while it lasted but I hate lying.

This is not how you do it. Internet forum resignations should have more drama. Try using a little name calling and finger pointing next time around. If you like I can link some good ones for you or write a sample.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 1:48 am

Chris, come back. YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sale at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale at CHG   Sale at CHG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sale at CHG
Page 1 of 1